Lt. Commander
# 1 Star Systems
10-05-2010, 06:26 PM
As an added measure to the realism of STO, it would be very impressive to see full star systems, with multiple places to go, i.e. The Sol system includes earth, but what about the Mars colony's...

Also there seems to be a general lack of ability to really explore. I once played a game called EVE online, and think that it would be totally awesome if STO could incorporate some of the ideas they use in their starship movement.

For this the Phrase comes to mind: "Seek out new worlds and new civilizations..." If there is only one planet in a system, we dont get a chance to explore really....
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-05-2010, 09:11 PM
They said that they were going to add all of the Sol system during Season 2, Season 3 is going to come out soon and we still have no full system. I think that they are working towards that, but the ability to make full systems randomly without bugs is hard, so they need to work on getting one planet, then add others, and then entire systems, perfecting each as they go along. If you take things too fast, the product will not be as good as adding an extra few weeks and it being great. Overall, the way they have it now is good, and with the inclusion of UGC elements means there will be a good amount of Player-Made exploration missions, which is always fun because of all the ideas people have.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-08-2010, 05:06 PM
I don't know about the other systems, but Mars could be added to the standard Earth area. Just have the players move at full impulse to the opposite side of the map to visit Mars. And when entering the Sol System, have the players select whether they warp in at Earth or Mars (or Jupiter Station, Saturn Test Range, etc.).
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-09-2010, 06:00 PM
One thing I would REALLY like to see in the game is the ability to vist ALL decks of your ship, including your BO quarters, an onboard swiming pool, and on the ground, BIGGER CITIES AND EXPLORING SPACES!