Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 101
10-06-2010, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
I'm fine with all of this... IF... there is a way to earn the pet just by playing the game.
Well..........THERE......... is not. And I see no reason for there to be. Get over it. It is a vain item, and vain items, go in the C-store. They always have, no one complains about the Targ pup that's in there, or the tribbles, the rare pets, go in the C-store!
Lt. Commander
# 102
10-06-2010, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribbler View Post
I am sure the Vulcan Sehlat is not related to critters. The Sehlat is a personal owned pet and the critters will manifest the planets.

You buy one and kill the others. Am I missing anything?
Yes you are missing things. They aren't all going to be viscous from my understanding. And they will be sehlats on Vulcan last I heard. Wild ones. Thus not only related to, but is part of the before mentioned 'critters'.
Lt. Commander
# 103
10-06-2010, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Well..........THERE......... is not. And I see no reason for there to be. Get over it. It is a vain item, and vain items, go in the C-store. They always have, no one complains about the Targ pup that's in there, or the tribbles, the rare pets, go in the C-store!
Game content is game content. I expect access to all game content for the price of the subscription fee. And I appreciate that dStahl has made attempts to make this happen with some of the latest items to be put up in the C-Store. Now only if he could make it all. I will continue to push until it happens even though I realize it may be a lost cause.
Lt. Commander
# 104
10-06-2010, 06:53 AM
I dont want to see sto go F2P but they mite aswell as everything goes to the c-store anyway. What am i paying 15 bucks a month for? a weekly? so 4/15 = like 3.50 a week for a episode thats takes 20min to do?
Make sto f2p and charge us 2 bucks in cryptic points instead to run them (each episode), it would be cheaper for us

would save me 8 bucks a month cuz for these 8 bucks there isnt **** to do anyways

and getting a ship ingame for 500 emblems! can you think of a more boring way to earn a ship, Also it would take a month to earn it so you spent 15 bucks on it anyways + you lost alot of items you could have got with them emblems so you have to play another month (another 15 bucks) to get the items. so getting the ship in game and the gear the other guy who got it in c-store's amount of items for the emblems cost you 30 bucks

another MMO's expansion dosent even cost 30 bucks and there you get alot more content not just a ship and some items. Cryptic needs to look over there math
Lt. Commander
# 105
10-06-2010, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Game content is game content. I expect access to all game content for the price of the subscription fee. And I appreciate that dStahl has made attempts to make this happen with some of the latest items to be put up in the C-Store. Now only if he could make it all. I will continue to push until it happens even though I realize it may be a lost cause.
I blame DStahl himself for posts like this. He continues to set the expectation that forum tantrums with no basis in logic make it into the game. By refusing to financially support the game, you destroy the game. It's that simple.
Lt. Commander
# 106
10-06-2010, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizen_Giggles View Post
I blame DStahl himself for posts like this. He continues to set the expectation that forum tantrums with no basis in logic make it into the game. By refusing to financially support the game, you destroy the game. It's that simple.
Please explain to me how my post is a forum tantrum and how it is that I have I not supported the game?
Lt. Commander
# 107
10-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsranger View Post
I personally dont see a problem with this. It allows for more critters in the game. If you don't think you should have to spend money to have one follow you around then don't buy. More critters to look at plus more cash (and incentive) for cryptic to keep making stuff like this in game = win.
Exactely. The ambient critters is probably a difficult project to get OK-ed by managment (time modeler's aren't working on something that would directly increase subscriptions, like new ships). But if you can use the same models for pets purchassed via-microtransaction then there's a revenue stream that requires the assets, and that justafies the time involved in creating the critters.

In short don't complain to much about the c-store pets as they're probably paying for the ambient critter project as a whole, which will make the in game maps much better overall.
Lt. Commander
# 108
10-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Please explain to me how my post is a forum tantrum and how it is that I have I not supported the game?
From what I could tell about his posts in this thread, he likes to twist peoples' words around to suit whatever his own agenda is. I believe that these things should be attainable via other means as well, but he went and said that I'm a C-Store hater. He's doing the same to you, just because you think the same thing. He did that with others in this thread, too.

Personally, I don't think the C-Store items should just be handed out for free (apparently lost on Mr. Shizen), but I also don't think that the ONLY way should be to buy your way to them. I have said on several occasions to make them hard to attain in-game (also lost on Mr. Giggles, apparently). Give us a choice as to how we want to support the game...we can buy our way now through the C-Store or we can play the game and do the grind (whatever it would have turned out to be).

He probably just saw blue names and thought that we weren't supporting the game because we plopped down over $300.00 (at least $240.00 for the LTS and around $50-60 for at least one copy of the game)
Lt. Commander
# 109
10-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp-Gun
I dont want to see sto go F2P but they mite aswell as everything goes to the c-store anyway. What am i paying 15 bucks a month for? a weekly? so 4/15 = like 3.50 a week for a episode thats takes 20min to do?
Make sto f2p and charge us 2 bucks in cryptic points instead to run them (each episode), it would be cheaper for us
Where else do you get 20 minutes of genre entertainment for that price? 22 page comic books are $4 now. You can drop $3 for an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" on iTunes but I think a sci-fi game is worth more than that.

Now, I might agree you'd get a better value from some other MMOs. But, on the whole, I'd say weekly episodes plus access to things like PvP and UGC are worth $3.75 a week and that a good chunk of the C-Store doesn't strike me as content that needs to be included in the $15 a month (or even developed at all, really; it's nice but if it weren't on the C-Store, its exclusion wouldn't be worth noting).
Lt. Commander
# 110
10-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Lol its always the same, some random guy brainfarts in a thread and hell brakes loose...