Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 121
10-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
DS9 had officers going around in all sorts of off-duty wear and several different uniforms while on-duty - even Picard and Sisko wore different uniforms as they both fell under different commands.

It wasn't like the Enterprise-D was waiting a shipment of the new space pants....
First and foremost -

DS9 is an exception to the rule. It wasn't a Starfleet installation, more like a Deep Space Station K-7, where Starfleet was there alot, the Federation oversaw it, but most parts of the station were open to the public. Therefore, you would see a variety of costumes and uniforms. For the visitors. However, DS9 Starfleet personnel wore one standardized uniform, as did Bajoran Militia personnel. You didn't see Sisko, Dax, Bashir and Worf all wearing whatever they wanted. When on duty, they all wore the same UNIFORM. That's what the word Uniform is about. Consistency.

Secondly, Picard's crew and DS9's crew wore different uniforms because during that period, Starfleet was in the process of making a change, whereas the DS9 Jumpsuit was consider a standard duty uniform and the TNG uniform was more like a lite-dress uniform. We saw this reflected in Star Trek: Generations where the Enterprise crew was seen wearing both uniforms. (DS9 Jumpsuit and TNG Season 7 Uniform) This is further reflected in the DS9 "Homefront" story arc when Sisko returns to Earth, and instead of wearing the DS9 jumpsuit he has been wearing day to day on station, he is wearing the TNG Season 7 uniform that he wore when he arrived on DS9. That would suggest the TNG Season 7 uniform was retained for more formalized occasions such as a meeting with the brass, where a full dress uniform wouldn't be required, but a jumpsuit would be considered inappropriate.

Now to the issue of Earth Space Dock. Earth Space Dock (aka Starbase 1) can't be compared to DS9 in terms of seeing a variety of uniforms, because Starbase 1 is a full fledged, restricted access, Starfleet facility, rather than a public space station like DS9. So, you might see some minor variety in uniforms if Starfleet is in a transition period (ala TNG / DS9) but for the most part, all Starfleet personnel aboard station would be wearing the same thing. Not formal gowns, tuxedoes, and everything else that seems to appear in STO's space dock.

And most certainly (to get this back on topic) you wouldn't see people walking their pets on Starbase 1.
Lt. Commander
# 122
10-06-2010, 03:00 PM
I hope it attacks things... I'm sick of useless pets... the NPCs have attacker pets... I want attacker pets...
Lt. Commander
# 123
10-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Hardy View Post
I hope it attacks things... I'm sick of useless pets... the NPCs have attacker pets... I want attacker pets...
First off that is so unstar-trekky it's not even funny.

Second, it's useless, that's why it's in the C-store!!
Lt. Commander
# 124
10-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Hardy View Post
It'll certainly attack your wallet. :p

Seriously, though, like Martok said if it were anything other than a vanity pet it wouldn't be put on the C-Store...at least not without a way to get it in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 125
10-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Bets on when the Breen boff hits C-store?
Lt. Commander
# 126
10-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Let's see...it's been out for almost two weeks now...so I'd say by the end of November, maybe? Just in time for the end of Series Two.
Lt. Commander
# 127
10-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Let's see...it's been out for almost two weeks now...so I'd say by the end of November, maybe? Just in time for the end of Series Two.
Ten quid says around the end of the next series of weeklies. So, November 13th.
Lt. Commander
# 128
10-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Duh, of course it is! They arent going to make an item that cool and give people a two week opportunity to get it then never let anyone get anymore ever ever.

That's the reward. You get the item FOR FREE and a while before everyone else. Like the tribbles, with the test weekend.

It's not a bad thing.
Lt. Commander
# 129
10-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Duh, of course it is! They arent going to make an item that cool and give people a two week opportunity to get it then never let anyone get anymore ever ever.

That's the reward. You get the item FOR FREE and a while before everyone else. Like the tribbles, with the test weekend.

It's not a bad thing.
While I was poking fun your response makes an interesting point. The thread has zero reason to be here then right? They need to squeeze a bit more money out for the labor of making these creatures so tax the feds for their kitty. Zero room to object since the labor was done.
Lt. Commander
# 130
10-07-2010, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Wait, in order to get ambient creatures we need to buy them in the C-store? failsauce
No those are free. Pets are bought in the C-Store