Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsranger View Post
I personally dont see a problem with this. It allows for more critters in the game. If you don't think you should have to spend money to have one follow you around then don't buy. More critters to look at plus more cash (and incentive) for cryptic to keep making stuff like this in game = win.
I agree with you in spades, but just remember...for every person that sees something like this as a positive thing...there will be on average seven people that find fault with it on the forums. But then again...the forum isn't the end all be all of Community opinion. This is why I think that Cryptic needs to make polls and such integrated in-game to get real feedback from the community rather than just limit themselves to those that patrol the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Wait, in order to get ambient creatures we need to buy them in the C-store? failsauce
No. We're getting ambient creatures in game.

To get a pet, you have to pay for it though. This is how the developers could justify the development time.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I agree with you in spades, but just remember...for every person that sees something like this as a positive thing...there will be on average seven people that find fault with it on the forums. But then again...the forum isn't the end all be all of Community opinion. This is why I think that Cryptic needs to make polls and such integrated in-game to get real feedback from the community rather than just limit themselves to those that patrol the forums.
I see plenty of issues . I have just chosen to enjoy the game. If I get all upset over everything put into a store I would have a heart attack every month. I figure that just because something is for sale, doesn't mean I have to buy it. This item will not be game changing, just like (in my opinion) all of the other items for sale.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor

To get a pet, you have to pay for it though. This is how the developers could justify the development time.
So the fact that every planet in the galaxy is a barren, lifeless rock wasn't enough justification to make ambient creatures, which could then theoretically be made pets?

That's sad.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
So the fact that every planet in the galaxy is a barren, lifeless rock wasn't enough justification to make ambient creatures, which could then theoretically be made pets?

That's sad.
Ohh see, in this game life forms from dirt.. there is no need for lifeforms on a planet because thats just silly talk
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsranger View Post
I see plenty of issues . I have just chosen to enjoy the game. If I get all upset over everything put into a store I would have a heart attack every month. I figure that just because something is for sale, doesn't mean I have to buy it. This item will not be game changing, just like (in my opinion) all of the other items for sale.
Nothing wrong with putting things up on the C-Store. Just give us a way to earn it in-game for those who would like the thing but refuse to buy it. Make it hard to earn, though.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
you have any recent Dev quote on that?

I didn't hear about ambient critters pretty much since that poll.

It looks to me more like they made a few pets and instead of adding them as ambient critters they add them as C-Store Pets now.

The only Critter i have seen so far was the "Gekli" ...or "Junior" in the Undine Missions, which actually ended up to be a Ship instead of a neutral critter.

It certainly would be nice to see ambient critters first and THEN get the option to have one as pet ...not the other way arround.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Nothing wrong with putting things up on the C-Store. Just give us a way to earn it in-game for those who would like the thing but refuse to buy it. Make it hard to earn, though.
/This right here

It is a blanket method that should be applied to 70-80% of the C-store (this goes double for starships and triple for T5 starships)
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
/This right here

It is a blanket method that should be applied to 70-80% of the C-store (this goes double for starships and triple for T5 starships)
Or follow LotRO's example and give all subscribers X number of points per month to spend in the C-Store, dependent on their subscription level. P2P people get all conventional content as well as points to get what's in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-05-2010, 04:43 PM
From this day on everything and ALL things are going to the C-store wait a couple of weeks say 5 weeks and the weekly episodes are also in the C-store. weekly price 2000 points for the weekly

New event there will not be any thing to shoot or level up by in 2 months all foes have been set to C-store, you must bye the enemies you want to kill, and it is not account wide so you must get them to all toons. 10 points per enemy so you must consider about 50.000 points here drop in the sea.

ships you get the starter ship that will be the runabout, and the rest of the ships will wary from 500-2000 points.

COME ON CRYPTIC what the HELL do you think we are an endless pit of money. this starts to smell more and more GREED this it getting out of hand and are getting OLD FAST.