Lt. Commander
Just an idea, so bear with me guys...

Obviously, Im still quite low in the ranks and a lot of you are way more advanced and already had this idea or it already exists!

My ship does take a damn good battering during some fleet actions, Due to my inexperience and lower rank. However, whenever i am low on power and my Hull is about to buckle I get this urge to ram the ship thats attacking me! This does nothing as we all know and you simply bump off them (Or in my case, die before you get there).

I'd love to see a power/option where you could click, Lets say Collision Course for now... and it would plot a course towards your target enemy at FULL IMPULSE and either destroy or cripple the enemy.

Now, I know this would give everyone a huge advantage so obviously there would have to be a few restrictions... For example, It could only be used when your hull is down to say 30%! Your respawn time would be extended so you could not jump straight back in. Can only be used once per fleet action etc etc...

If you could let me know your thoughts on this i'd very grateful,
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-05-2010, 09:13 PM
They already have that in game, it is called "Ramming Speed" and it is unlocked somewhere around Lt. Comm or Commander
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Yep, Pdidy is correct.

It used to be more effective though, the current incarnation requires you to be at half health to activate (which makes surviving the ram very tough.) - Which is unfortunate, I really enjoyed that move.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-06-2010, 12:25 AM
ahhh cool, cheers guys
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-06-2010, 01:13 PM
And it had to be nerfed because of exactly what your worried about, it began to be mega abused in PvP. (They only lowered the requirement to 50%, it was 100% before that)

~D
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashter
And it had to be nerfed because of exactly what your worried about, it began to be mega abused in PvP. (They only lowered the requirement to 50%, it was 100% before that)

~D
Aye, this is correct. It was considered a STANDARD source of damage by PvPers.

Think about that for a second...a last ditch maneuver being considered a common opening attack.

Obviously, something very wrong with that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Yeah, but I liked it in PVE >.>

Specifically as a finishing move something like this:

Blast enemy shields away, blast down some hull on the way in, hit Brace for Impact, hit Ramming Speed, BAM - triumphantly fly through the enemy ship and laugh as it blows up behind me <^_^>

Yeah, it's pretty crazy, but it was fun.

(I realize the PVP problems it posed; but I truly hate it when PVP concerns hurt my fun in PVE. It's a thing. But what's done is done.)
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-21-2010, 03:40 AM
a classic example of the massive abuse of this power can be found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFLUqSjuKwY - it was being used as a quickly slaughter method (like putting a God cheat on your games console). The developers seem to have done something about it pretty quickly.