Lt. Commander
# 11
10-06-2010, 03:40 PM
The Sehlat will also be added as an ambient creature, and as you know, as a pet, more than likely only for the Starfleet players as the beast is native to Vulcan.

The KDF players should most definitely get both the Monster Dog and the Jackal Mastiff as pets, to be purchased via the C-Store.

Both will also more than likely be added as ambient creatures, but there is no word from Cryptic on the topic of a new KDF pet at present.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
If not, can someone shed a little light as to what this is for?
It's a bridge pet that will die on the first torpedo hull impact, causing your Klingon Captain to instantly beam himself and the player who fired at you down to the nearest planet so you can beat him up in ground combat.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
The Sehlat will also be added as an ambient creature, and as you know, as a pet, more than likely only for the Starfleet players as the beast is native to Vulcan.

The KDF players should most definitely get both the Monster Dog and the Jackal Mastiff as pets, to be purchased via the C-Store.

Both will also more than likely be added as ambient creatures, but there is no word from Cryptic on the topic of a new KDF pet at present.
Yah, that's pretty much what I was thinking.

But also, I would appreciate some info from the devs, just to be sure.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-06-2010, 03:49 PM
That being said, does anyone else think the Monster Dog screenie looks a little too bony and not enough scaly? It's supposed to be part-lizard, after all. Not a targ-dog. Also somewhat bright in colours.

Meh, it was work-in-progress. Maybe they fixed that already.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-06-2010, 03:50 PM
I agree Valias, hopefully the design would have been improved upon since that WIP shot was released.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-06-2010, 03:51 PM
I remember this bad boy. Probably one of the pets I would like. Mainly because it's master was Christopher Lloyd (I mean, really, Christopher Lloyd as a Klingon, that is both weird and awesome at the same time, RIP Krudge)

Cryptic, please?
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Does anybody honestly think Cryptic is preparing any creature as a KDF pet? Not to be the rain cloud but I seriously doubt it. It would have been included in the announcement with the Romul...er...vulcan pet.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-06-2010, 03:52 PM
I would assume that it would also be released as a pet at some point, though maybe not at the same time that the Sehlat is released.

I expect many of the ambient creatures they create will end up being purchasable as pets, where it makes sense of course. You wouldn't expect voles or horta to be pets, so those obviously won't be released as such.

Lt. Commander
# 19
10-06-2010, 03:53 PM
I just had a thought though, what if the WIP shot is of a Monster Dog adult and the one we see in the 3rd movie is a monster puppy.

Just a thought...

As in game at present, there are two versions of the Targ, a wild, more menacing looking beast that could be an adult and the pet version, which is in my opinion, cute and needs cuddles.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Does anybody honestly think Cryptic is preparing any creature as a KDF pet? Not to be the rain cloud but I seriously doubt it. It would have been included in the announcement with the Romul...er...vulcan pet.
Yes. Yes we do. They gave a Targ now didnt they? AND they ARE making these creatures to be ambients, that is confirmed. You'd be foolish to think that they would give us that. Also, of course it wouldn't be included if it wasn't coming right away!