Lt. Commander
# 61
01-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
I am against using attack animals; It feels Unklingon. Just sit back and let your animals maim your enemies.
I disagree. That's like saying using a disruptor pistol would be un-klingon. "Just stand back and pull the trigger."

The act of training one of these creatures surely is dangerous, and to a Klingon, animals are just another resource. Using them for fights is actually more Klingon than keeping them as pets, as the latter is luxury whilst the former is merely a clever use of tools. I'm pretty sure that monster dogs are pets as much as they are predators - a perfect symbiosis between a warrior and his trusted companion.

Plus, we've seen the Klingons use pets for fighting in STO already. *shrugs*
Lt. Commander
# 62
01-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
I disagree. That's like saying using a disruptor pistol would be un-klingon. "Just stand back and pull the trigger."

The act of training one of these creatures surely is dangerous, and to a Klingon, animals are just another resource. Using them for fights is actually more Klingon than keeping them as pets, as the latter is luxury whilst the former is merely a clever use of tools. I'm pretty sure that monster dogs are pets as much as they are predators - a perfect symbiosis between a warrior and his trusted companion.

Plus, we've seen the Klingons use pets for fighting in STO already. *shrugs*
No, A disruptor is a weapon. Thus honorable to kill with as long as the other has a similar projectile weapon. Just like using a gun in honorable duals. (A shame those aren't still practiced around here :p)

Where as animals are a lot closer to being sentient, it's something that takes no skill, no training, you don't even have to be a warrior to just keep on a chain and hungry and let em go when you see someone you want dead. You can't die in that combat, because you aren't fighting! It's not an honorable fight if your opponent is the only person that can get killed.
Lt. Commander
# 63
01-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Quote:
You can't die in that combat, because you aren't fighting! It's not an honorable fight if your opponent is the only person that can get killed.
This is the problem with modern Klingons. They care too much about honour and not enough about winning.
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
This is the problem with modern Klingons. They care too much about honour and not enough about winning.
Well that makes sense. But ya know, just trying to stay true to the Klingons story. . . Like Honor. Because, As it seems, that is a big deal to Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 65
01-10-2011, 03:11 PM
in war there is nothing more honourable than victory.
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Well, that's not quite true. . . But I am guessing comedic inflections were intended for the statement.
Lt. Commander
# 67
01-10-2011, 03:32 PM
they could have done so much more with the Sehlat.. why a c-store item? they could have had a mission where you need to stop some poachers from hunting them to extinction on some planet, and you get one at the end as a reward... but nope, too greedy so it goes straight on the c-store. same will probably happen with the klingon version.
Lt. Commander
# 68
01-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Who would want a canine creature? Porcine creatures rule!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 69
01-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
Who would want a canine creature? Porcine creatures rule!!!!
Well they certainly taste better...
Lt. Commander
# 70
01-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Quote:
Well, that's not quite true. . . But I am guessing comedic inflections were intended for the statement.
That's a direct quote from one Worf, son of Mogh, from DS9, Season 4, Episode 1, The Way of the Warrior.