Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
After glancing at the prices of the C-Store. I think it's sad that you can buy 5000 Points for 62.50, Yet there's no benifit for doing that. There's no extra points if you do that. No saving of money and getting more bang for your buck, so to speak.

I don't find that very appealing.. And I'm wondering if it's ever been considered to change that? It doesn't have to be alot of a bonus, but if your basically buying the $6.25/500 points only x10 maybe you should get a bonus of say 1,000 points for buying such a LARGE amount of points in bulk? (Total points being 6,000 instead of 5,000) And the smaller the bulk, the less of a bonus of Cryptic Points it could be, with there being no real bonus at all for the $6.25/500 point option.

Until I rechecked the C-Store and thought harder about it, I was considering buying the 62.50 Bulk points. But with it being no difference then just buying the $6.25 points 10 times, I start to wonder why bother?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-25-2010, 07:13 PM
You're looking at it like a purchase. It isn't. It's a monetary conversion. Travel to Japan and see if they'll slip you an extra thousand yen for converting $50 instead of $10.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Does Japan make money by converting your money into their money?

This is a game, run by a company, not another country.

You are buying said points. Not converting your money directly into their points. Otherwise I could tell Cryptic I'd like money returned to me for unused points.

IF I go to a store where they sell items in bulk, typically they give a deal of some kind for buying more of the item. Either in a discoounted price, or an increased amount of what I'm buying.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Really? There is no benefit of buying in bulk? Damn - I bought a whole ton of c points assuming I would get a discount for buying as many as I could in one purchase. I just never bothered to see if I got a discount. I won't be buying in bulk in future then...
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-26-2010, 12:58 PM
You're buying said points the same way you buy Japanese yen when converting money. Or the same way you buy a gift card from any store on the planet, or the same way a pre-paid Visa works. You put money in, and you can then spend it later. No one is going to give you more money than you gave them, just for giving a lot at once.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
No one is going to give you more money than you gave them, just for giving a lot at once.
Again, this isn't Japan. And this isn't money conversion. Because once again, if it were, I could walk up to Cryptic and request any unspent credit be transfered back into real money.

Let's look at this in a different perspeective where in other situations, buying in bulk does grant you some sort of a benifit for spending the extra money:

Buying more on monthly games, for example, reduces the monthly cost if you do it in large instalments. Normal Monthly fee 14.99. 3 Months 41.97 (13.99 a Month), 6 Months 77.94 (12.99 a Month), 131.88 (10.99 a Month)
Would you rather Spend the 14.99 every month, or would you rather purchase the bulk (provided you could afford it) of 131.88 a year?

Another game I've played in the past, and still play on occation, does give you a bonus just for buying the bulk item of points.

Also, I'm not demanding that Cryptic follows the same policy. I just think it might give more incentive towards purchasing Cryptic points in larger quanities then buying them in smaller amounts.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-26-2010, 01:34 PM
OK, go back to the gift card example. Can you refund the unspent portion of those? No. Do they give you extra money for free? No. It's the exact same situation here.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Do you get multipacks of soda? Similar idea. Offer a discount so people spend more in one go.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
OK, go back to the gift card example. Can you refund the unspent portion of those? No. Do they give you extra money for free? No. It's the exact same situation here.
Can you sell or trade your extra C-Store points to someone? NO, so therefore it is a different situation.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-26-2010, 06:01 PM
If you care to think that, go ahead. But the fact is that everything on the C-store is priced where it is because Cryptic/Atari expect to be paid that amount for that item. They might do a sale sometimes, but they will not just give you money for free.