Lt. Commander
# 1 'Rare' items from anomalies
10-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Hi all

I'm pretty new to the game, but have ben trawling the forums for bits of info as and when needed, however I've come across something I can't find any info on.

Every so often, while scanning anomalies, I'll get a 'rare' item from it...Damn, I can't remember what any of them are called now, lol. Will have to wait till I get home for an example, but basically, they are like 'Biological Sample' and those kind of things, but with their names in blue instead of the usual white. They have an energy value of 0 like the rest of the 'crafting' materials, but I can't find any use for them.

Can anyone tell me what they are for please? I'll add a couple of names of them in a few hours when I get home.

Cheers,
Lt. Cmdr Bort of the U.S.S. Einstein.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-07-2010, 07:47 AM
They are for crafting items take them to memory alpha to use them
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-07-2010, 07:48 AM
There is an accolade to collect the 10x different rare anomalies but other then that they have no use yet.

It was revealed when they were added to the game that they will be used for crafting at some point in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Wow, thanks for the speedy responses guys

I haven't found any recipes that use them, so I guess I'll keep collecting them for future, or for the accolade.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort1980 View Post
Wow, thanks for the speedy responses guys

I haven't found any recipes that use them, so I guess I'll keep collecting them for future, or for the accolade.
this memory alpha guide will help you get started, and its a good reference for crafting
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Nice, thanks Attilio

It was the rare samples on that page you linked I was talking about, but i think the rest of that page will make for interesting reading too.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Has anyone ever gotten all 10 rares to complete the accolade? I have 2 characters where I have religiously done the mini-game at every opportunity and both characters are stuck at 9. I'm just wondering if I'm unlucky or if the game is bugged.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
Has anyone ever gotten all 10 rares to complete the accolade? I have 2 characters where I have religiously done the mini-game at every opportunity and both characters are stuck at 9. I'm just wondering if I'm unlucky or if the game is bugged.
I have. It's called "Trace Tracker" and it's really cool because ... uhh ... well, it's really cool because they're soaking up 10 inventory slots for a low percentage chance at a dubious payoff. Cool!
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex5
I have. It's called "Trace Tracker" and it's really cool because ... uhh ... well, it's really cool because they're soaking up 10 inventory slots for a low percentage chance at a dubious payoff. Cool!
So in other words, I'm extremely unlucky. It's good to know my life continues to be predictable.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Chances are I have more than one of what you need. If you can tell me what you're missing I'll send you one.

How's that for unpredictable?