Lt. Commander
# 101
04-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I hate to say this, but the fact that you posted this AFTER posting the main article about the contest on the home page, and the contest rules do not make this clear(which is why you felt the need to clarify) means there are going to be people who do not know about this. Considering the history of contests thus far, this is not a good thing
I think you are over reacting.
True,it wasn't a good idea to announce the contest before stating the official rules,but it was an error Cryptic quickly fixed at least.
Lt. Commander
# 102
04-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Wasps View Post
I think you are over reacting.
True,it wasn't a good idea to announce the contest before stating the official rules,but it was an error Cryptic quickly fixed at least.
"quickly" = over 4 hours later. And if your definition of "over reacting" is "posting my thoughts", then yeah; I guess I'm "over reacting". And that would also mean you are "over reacting" to my post
Lt. Commander
# 103
04-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Quote:
"quickly" = over 4 hours later. And if your definition of "over reacting" is "posting my thoughts", then yeah; I guess I'm "over reacting". And that would also mean you are "over reacting" to my post
I agree that Cryptic made a mistake.
But,I'm trying to defend there position,because I don't want to see a repeat of the last Contest.

So,in that case,we are both overreacting.
And in so doing,missing the point of the contest,which was meant to be fun.
Lt. Commander
# 104
04-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Quote:
I agree that Cryptic made a mistake.
But,I'm trying to defend there position,because I don't want to see a repeat of the last Contest.

So,in that case,we are both overreacting.
And in so doing,missing the point of the contest,which was meant to be fun.
Come on now, neither of us are really over reacting. If someone was calling for the contest to be closed, that would be over reacting. Having a mature discussion ABOUT the contest, and even its rules, is the purpose of this thread. There is no over reaction on anyone's part, yet...
Lt. Commander
# 105
04-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Quote:
I hate to say this, but the fact that you posted this AFTER posting the main article about the contest on the home page, and the contest rules do not make this clear(which is why you felt the need to clarify) means there are going to be people who do not know about this. Sadly, this creates a situation where you now have to choose between keeping your own rules, or disqualifying the people who made any "illegal" submissions do to the lack of clarity in the original rules. Considering the history of contests thus far, this is not a good thing
Actually I completely disagree for once. They can't even legally show the comics that have licensing issues and that should have been completely obvious from the start. This is an okay thing. You can always submit a newer one if you've already submitted since they accept your last one.

It was quickly and there's still plenty of time to create a comic within these standards. Over a week. They did just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 106
04-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Actually I completely disagree for once. They can't even legally show the comics that have licensing issues and that should have been completely obvious from the start.
If they hadnt actually posted the "clarification", then I would agree with you. But doing so = acknowledging that their original rules were NOT "clear from the start", which is why someone was unaware that submissions could not include official images. So, while you may "disagree" all day long, actions speak louder than words, and if one person did not clearly understand the rules, you can bet there are others that did not either. Sadly, the mistake was on Cryptic's part, as you can never assume what people do or do not know(especially since we are allowed to have official pics in our avatars).
Lt. Commander
# 107
04-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Quote:
If they hadnt actually posted the "clarification", then I would agree with you. But doing so = acknowledging that their original rules were NOT "clear from the start", which is why someone was unaware that submissions could not include official images. So, while you may "disagree", actions speak louder than words, and if one person did not clearly understand the rules, you can bet there are others that did not either.
The original rules asked for a "hand drawn" image(or that was clarified a few posts into this thread to mean an image completely created by the member)
This could be interpreted as a way of officially stating that photomanipulation of established screencaps or licensed material was against the rules.
My point is,a lot of it was open to interpretation,and their is a strong defense for both arguments
Lt. Commander
# 108
04-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Quote:
My point is,a lot of it was open to interpretation,and their is a strong defense for both arguments
Which is exactly the problem. A strong argument for both cases means there was a lack of clarification in the original rules. And while it was later clarified, the problem is some entries were made before the clarification.
Lt. Commander
# 109
04-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Here it is called :Magasty

i thik it also makes a good traliar, if you are intersted cryptic, or at least the new catch phrase

please give me feedback
Lt. Commander
# 110
04-26-2009, 03:39 PM
These people aren't lawyers. They're going to miss something and if people keep complaining about the littlest things they'll do only random contests like Awen said they might. It's not like this agreement is legally binding or anything. They can do what they want, when they want, how they want and who they want! You'll just have to live with it.