Lt. Commander
i have a new computer coming and i need to know if i have to get an additional copy of sto for the new computer, or can i use the one i already own and am currently using ? i will not be using my old computer and the new computer is a replacement. i don't mind getting another copy, i just want to make sure i have access to my current character(s) etc.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-07-2010, 02:33 PM
you don't need to buy the game again. Along as you are only using one pc at a time to login. you can install the game on as many you want but only one will login.
the proper way according tot he devs is to:
use the installer to install the game on the new PC. (that will insure directory and register settings are correct) you do not need to reenter the retail key in the installer asks just close the window to continue the install.

then copy the hoggs files from the /live/piggs folder of the old PC to the /live/piggs folder of the new PC.
if you want you can also copy the /live/screenshoots folder of the old PC to the fame location on the new PC if you want to keep any or your screenshots

edited : corrected spelling on the /live/piggs directory.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-08-2010, 07:06 AM
thanks very much for the good info

thie only other question is, what if i can't copy the old "hoggs files from the old computer" to put on the new? does that mean the game will not work. I am sorry for my ignorance, but I don't even know what a hoggs file is or what it does?
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-08-2010, 10:58 AM
no all it means is when you launch the game the patcher will download the missing files