Lt. Commander
# 51
10-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Restrict it so that you can only get one type of daily each day. You decide if it's PVP or one of the PvE types (fleet action, episodes, exploration, etc) but in the end your daily truly is daily There is no longer a carrot to force me to do the mindless PvE stuff and people progress towards their emblem farming at the same rate. They could always reduce the cost of those items or boost the reward given. No more tears! ^^

*Scrolls back up to figure out what this thread was originally about*

Unfortunately, when dealing with people there is always going to be some degree of pettiness and bull-headedness. We all have our opinions of how it should be and we'll never get our way 100% of the time. The stuff you left is here, sometimes worse and sometimes better, but always present. If you are still around, welcome! And good luck pew pewing or QQing in whatever style you personally enjoy. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
I disagree.

The reward system is fine as is except for the Ker'rat and stick thing to make people play with the monsters.
No you do agree with me by joining pvps maps when you really don't want to. You are the one saying that the reward system is a terrible way for the devs to froce you to do pvp.... I agree with you there... just the whole reward system should be scrapped not just one part of it. Then NO one has to do ANYTHING they don't want to do in game.
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Restrict it so that you can only get one type of daily each day. You decide if it's PVP or one of the PvE types (fleet action, episodes, exploration, etc) but in the end your daily truly is daily There is no longer a carrot to force me to do the mindless PvE stuff and people progress towards their emblem farming at the same rate. They could always reduce the cost of those items or boost the reward given. No more tears! ^^

*Scrolls back up to figure out what this thread was originally about*

Unfortunately, when dealing with people there is always going to be some degree of pettiness and bull-headedness. We all have our opinions of how it should be and we'll never get our way 100% of the time. The stuff you left is here, sometimes worse and sometimes better, but always present. If you are still around, welcome! And good luck pew pewing or QQing in whatever style you personally enjoy. ^^
This is a good idea. One Daily a day... almost makes too much sense. To make Thylie and his ilk happy reduce the cost of the emblem stuff in half... really no issues right.
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Half of 105 is still 53!

It would only work if we got like 50 Emblems a day even with the halving of costs, the cheapest thing for Emblems is consoles at 25 Emblems.

But you are missing the point of Cryptic's Dailies:

They are there to keep people who are at end game busy.

I do agree a choice of dailies would work well. Set up a set number of points and a selection of missions to earn them, It would almost be considered CONTENT.

I also want a separate difficulty slider for ground and space PvE.

I like to play Elite on all space battles,

Not so much being one shotted by a Protodrone, through a Mk XI Bunker shield and the highest personal shield you can get.
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-15-2010, 04:16 AM
I'd like a difficulty slider specifically for ground missions as well. But I want an option to set it to "IGNORE" so when I'm exploring I can skip the systems with ground components. Sure, you can always leave when one pops (which I do!) but it would save a little time and let me pew pew in space some more.
Lt. Commander
# 56
10-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Well, I've been at it for over a week now and I love it. Been blowing things up, joining in with other players blowing things up. Collecting stuff, selling stuff, buying stuff. Already made LC.

One other game I am looking forward to is KOTOR.

Cant say I miss EVE at all. I trolled the forums there a lot. It was the only fun I had...'til they banned me that is.

You know a MMO is bad when the only fun you have is on their forum.

The bugs I run into here are tolerable. Some features need tweaking.

Is there a suggestion box somewhere around here?

As for comparing EVE and STO let me just say this. EVE has had 6+ years on STO. When it comes to missions, STO blows EVE out of the water. Do you know how many stupid rag dolls I shipped for faction standing? How many missions repeat over and over? I have yet to repeat one mission in STO in one week of steady play.

STO is a winner hands down. EVE is more or a litter box than a sand box.
Lt. Commander
# 57
10-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Um wait until you hit end game before going overboard about it.

During the promoting part of the game it does seem endless, but once you reach max rank all there are are dailies and sometimes the new weeklies that are awesome, but way too short.
Lt. Commander
# 58
10-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
Um wait until you hit end game before going overboard about it.

During the promoting part of the game it does seem endless, but once you reach max rank all there are are dailies and sometimes the new weeklies that are awesome, but way too short.
AH CRAP!!
Lt. Commander
# 59
10-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo.Omni
AH CRAP!!
Don't listen to too much of the negativity. You can still do Fleet Actions, DSEs, PvPs, etc. Those are the things you said you enjoyed. Beyond that, you can always roll another toon and go through the missions again, but maybe with different ships and as a different type of career path. The point is if your having fun, that's all that matters. I am at VA and still having fun.
Lt. Commander
# 60
10-16-2010, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAdalberto
"Several abilities that PvE enemies have you can not have or counter for that matter.
Starlions and a few others have this super shield that prevents all damage. I actually look forward to the battleships in PvE as they don't have this or the FBP spam of the Sci ships."

Hello,

I think it's somewhat interesting to encounter alien species that have special, unique powers. I just wish the aliens were more fleshed out than random encounters. The invulnerability shields are easy to counter. Just wait for them to activate, move away, and then return in 10 seconds.

"As for MMO's, Captain Kirk could never have prevailed in the STO universe as no one ship can handle another without support. Looking in from the outside it is really quite cloying, and I believe it's the reason many people avoid MMO's. It is mine, I'm here because I was hoping Trek could overcome that. (I never played WoW)"

I duel other players solo quite frequently, and enjoy it. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. I'm not sure what you are saying here, since I often handle other ships without support.

"In other words, they are forcing people to PvP for the rewards so they can keep the PvP people happy. I find this amoral. "

It is possible to advance without doing PVP, so I'm not sure how you are forced to do anything. Klingons need more PVE mission content, and that is coming. (Which is good news.) However, the Klingons were originally conceived of as PVP, so I can understand why their mission content is lagging. Soon it will be addressed.

"You should only be able to do stuff to your OWN ship."
"The ONLY things that should touch an others ship are weapons fire and if you must be craven a tractor beam."

This is a strange statement. Even if you only go by canon, there are multiple cases of doing things to other ships and facilities through science tricks and hacks. In Star Trek II, Kirk shut off the Reliant's shields remotely. In TNG, Data hacked into a borg cube and made it go to sleep. In Star Trek Generations, Worf forced an enemy ship to engage its cloaking device, and hence drop its shields. In Deep Space Nine, the Defiant fooled a defense system into firing on itself by putting a false sensor signature on its power station.

Dirty tricks to other ships is a time honored Trek technique.
That's a tasteful analogy. I feel hungry now.

I've got 5 characters, 3 at end game. I do my Dailies how I feel like. I don't do them to desperately get Emblems as fast as possible. I don't have that much time.