Lt. Commander
# 1 How to change our @name ???
10-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Question:

Is there any function that allows us to change our @name ?

Thanks,

ISS Voyager
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-07-2010, 06:28 PM
No. The @name is your account name.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by machocyclone View Post
No. The @name is your account name.
Actually if your @name is your account name you can contact Support to have them change it. Account names are supposed to remain secret.

Otherwise, no, I don't think there is any way to change it.

Lt. Commander
# 4
10-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Actually if your @name is your account name you can contact Support to have them change it. Account names are supposed to remain secret.

This is correct. The @name is your global handle and should not be your account name. If it is, as was said above, contact support to get it changed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post

The account name is not secret. You can see the account name in the chat window if you have that option turned on.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
The account name is not secret. You can see the account name in the chat window if you have that option turned on.
Account name and @handle are two separate things unless you are using same name for both.

So an example...
Player 1 is using "@player1" as his handle and "oggediboggedi" as his account name.
Player 2 is using "@player2" as his handle and "player2" as his account name.

Player 1 used different names.
Players 2 used identical names and can contact support to have his @ handle changed.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Account name and @handle are two separate things unless you are using same name for both.

So an example...
Player 1 is using "@player1" as his handle and "oggediboggedi" as his account name.
Player 2 is using "@player2" as his handle and "player2" as his account name.

Player 1 used different names.
Players 2 used identical names and can contact support to have his @ handle changed.
Go to your chat options and you will see where it says "Show Account Name". Therefore the account name is not secret.

charactername(handle)@player1(account name)

Chat Options Screen Shot

That clearly says Account Name.

Every toon that you create will share the same @name cause that toon is on your account. They have different names (handles) but all have the @name in common. That is why there can be 50,000 Picards and 100,000 Jame T Kirks.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Yet another C-Store candidate
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Go to your chat options and you will see where it says "Show Account Name". Therefore the account name is not secret.

Chat Options Screen Shot

Every toon that you create will share the same @name cause that toon is on your account. They have different names (handles) but all have the @name in common. That is why there can be 50,000 Picards and 100,000 Jame T Kirks.
That's forum account name not your actual account name you log in with. If it's the same for you then you should put in a ticket to have it changed because it's a security risk.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Quote:

Chat Options Screen Shot

If I tried to log in using Chat then there would be an error and a universe would implode.
If I tried to log in using the correct name(which isn't my @handle. It is much longer and complexer than 4 letters...) then I could log in just fine and the universe stays alive for a little while longer.

As for the options... Gee... Ever heard of misinformation?
Well technically it is correct. Just two different types of accounts. You have decided it is for the account name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidNuetronium
That's forum account name not your actual account name you log in with. If it's the same for you then you should put in a ticket to have it changed because it's a security risk.
*hands over a platter with a slice of cake* I used a new recipe. Less dense and more chocolate.