Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
I click dancing baby and nada! *flail*
Currently working on it.

I think I got it...
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-08-2010, 02:29 PM
It worked, not the original but nice. Now that the important stuff is out of the way, I will poke around in the other stuffs.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-08-2010, 02:33 PM
I think the original one is up there now (Ooga Chaka one?)
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Ally McBeal was so long ago I honestly hardly recall.

Ah! tyvm Wiki!

"The dancing baby character and animations quickly made the rounds on the Internet through email. Awareness of the meme may have increased because it was featured as a recurring hallucination on the television program Ally McBeal, as a metaphor for the ticking of Ally's biological clock. The show's dancing baby was accompanied by a Vonda Shepard cover of the song "Hooked on a Feeling." A Blockbuster Video commercial also featured the baby immediately after the meme gained mainstream media attention; in the commercial, the baby dances to the Rick James hit, "Give It to Me Baby"."
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-08-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm...just so proud!
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
Freakin sweet. My site in COCKNEY!!! (Still makes me snicker that Cockney isn't filtered...)
When I saw Cockney I had to try that as well. Before I even read this. Great minds think alike in that our first impulse to translate a webpage would be into Cockney.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
When I saw Cockney I had to try that as well. Before I even read this. Great minds think alike in that our first impulse to translate a webpage would be into Cockney.
Well...it's a hilarious dialect to listen to.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
Well...it's a hilarious dialect to listen to.
This page in Cockney
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-08-2010, 04:17 PM
LMAO

"Ally McBeal were so long ago I 'onestly 'ardly recall.

Ah! Blimey! tyvm Wiki! Blimey!"

too damn funny.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Okay, I'm only going to touch on the most important things that require addressing asap.

1. You mentioned you're working on a banner, good because the banner is supposed to help the visitor to visually almost instantly know what kind of site they're looking at, a problem to which I'm still wrestling with in regards to this site.

2. I'll be honest, I don't like the layout, not one bit. It's not aesthetic at all. In fact it looks like it was designed by a rank amateur almost ten years ago. While I'm on the subject of aesthetics, the yellow links with baby blue mouseover's are horrid especially with the browns in the background, these color choices are very ugly. There's no cell padding for the info boxes, so the text goes right up to the edges of the container boxes on the page and that's clunky at best.

3. All links work and that of course is a good thing. Page loads are relatively quick, so kudos for that. I did however notice that the home link is the 4th link down which is typically taboo in the design world, so I would seriously consider placing it back at the top of the list. It's good to change up things online but not hardened, well known things like that, it'll only prove to confuse your visitors and or users.

4. Looking at the code I see that the thing is coded using tables instead of divs, this is bad, very, very, very bad. Tables are horrific, always have been, always will be. Divs have been the wave of the future for over 5 years now and any application or designer still using tables are seriously behind the time. You see, tables place one hell of a load on the server, which in turn makes the page load very slow and prone to breaking, ala connectivity errors not to mention errors in the backend of the SQL/mySQL d-base.

All in all, I'd seriously reconsider using e107. You'd be far better off using PHPNuke for crying out loud! But if you're hellbent on using a CMS, perhaps you might want to consider using Joomla? Joomla is what I use and have for a while now, it's tried and true and it just plain works. Not to mention that there's so many themes and designs out there for it that it'll make your head spin.

I'm not impressed at all with this site and I'm sorry to say that if you do like it, then more power to you. I hope you don't think that I'm trying to be a bi.tch here... I'm not. I'm just giving you the dirt from a designer's perspective and this thing does not have the goods at all, not one bit.

Jenna