Lt. Commander
# 21
10-08-2010, 04:42 PM

Opa, you're spending too much time with hazard....
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post

Opa, you're spending too much time with hazard....
I'm only being honest, this is after all my chosen profession...
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-08-2010, 05:01 PM
You probably have good tips in there. I hope he's in a good enough mood to get something out of it. I probably would've been seething by point 2, myself. I don't take genuine insults well, especially when it's something I worked hard on.

-offers sural some ice cream-

<-- is fragile
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
You probably have good tips in there. I hope he's in a good enough mood to get something out of it. I probably would've been seething by point 2, myself. I don't take genuine insults well, especially when it's something I worked hard on.

-offers sural some ice cream-

<-- is fragile
He didn't make the theme... thus how could he be insulted by what I said?
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Has anyone else ever tried to make person A feel better by defending him against person B, but then felt like they might have made person B upset by doing so? I have that feeling right now (T.T)

-shoots happy ray at 10F-

edit: Oh. I thought he made the theme and everything. Oh well. Chalk up another social mishap to the toucan

edit2: I should change my avatar to Joe Biden, baba-dum!
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-08-2010, 06:16 PM
I didn't take it as being b.itchy. It's constructive criticism.

And yes...I didn't make the theme. The theme is immaterial. I can change that at any time. I like the functionality of the site...the really good themes are pay.

I am no good at php/asp/perl coding, otherwise I'd build something from scratch. Which I'd LOVE to be able to do. I know what I want, just not how to do it yet. I've been studying up on design a bit...but my skills don't let me do what I want.

1. Bio (my XO) is great at graphics design, so that's covered.

2. I am going to enable the theme chooser so you can see what other themes I have installed, but yeah...overall most themes for e107 are setup like that...I was going to overlook it...heheh

3. Fixed the menu links...Only took me a couple min to figure out where to fix that. (Was an admin option I had overlooked until now)

4. Even in my pathetic skills for webdesign, I know div is way better then table...but I have to work with what I can...if I could afford to pay a designer to make what I want come true...then I'd do it in a heartbeat...so again, I have to take what I can get that is free for now....But if someone were to donate their time and skills...I'd definitely not turn it down. E107 is about as close to what I want as I've ever found.

Oh and I still have the option to use Joomla. It's still a possibility. There are some things about e107 that aren't sitting well with me. I don't think it was designed with widescreen monitors at 1920x1080...some of the graphics are just...well...wierd at the resolution.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Also there's something screwy with the email config on the host...Can't email out from any app I've tried. But that won't be a problem that carries over when I roll out....
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaserv View Post
wall of text
Or, like I said, "I think it sucks."

Oh wait, you were trying to be constructive.

You have much to learn, my child.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Or, like I said, "I think it sucks."

Oh wait, you were trying to be constructive.

You have much to learn, my child.
Some people ACTUALLY try to help others instead of just being a...well...a you. heheh

I know it needs a *LOT* of work. It's not where I'd like it to be, but I hope it will be ready to roll out soon.

I am asking for feedback on what I could do to make it better...so it doesn't...as you say...Suck.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
Some people ACTUALLY try to help others instead of just being a...well...a you. heheh

I know it needs a *LOT* of work. It's not where I'd like it to be, but I hope it will be ready to roll out soon.

I am asking for feedback on what I could do to make it better...so it doesn't...as you say...Suck.