Lt. Commander
I'd like to hear from all the people who purchased "Target Preorder with TR116 Carbine Rfile Exclusive" on the advertisement and didn't get it once the Key was claimed onto our account. I was told by GM Dannkurt that I have to purchase the actual Target Retail again. When I purchased it, I believed it was the actual exclusivity and was advertised on Amazon.com that it was available. It's right on the box for god sake, says it's exclusive to this order.

I'm a lifetime member and have purchased everything on the Cstore so far, and I have to purchase another retail game? I'm pretty much ready to go to Target and purchase another retail just to see if this will unlock TR116 but who's gonna give me the REFUND for the previous purchase and shipping thinking I'll unlock TR116 Carbine Rifile?

At the time of purchase there were 5 more left a week ago, now there's only 2 left from online search. I'm sure all the customers who purchased this thinking that TR116 will be unlocked will find once the Key is claimed on our account, it's not in the CSTORE UNLOCKABLE. I 'd like to hear from everyone who has this same issue, I feel like I've been banboozled.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-08-2010, 12:45 PM
I had the target code also. i didint claim it till 2 months or so after i had gotten it. I entered the code and poof nothing happend. when i sent in a ticket they said tuff ****ttys should have claimed it before.

On a side note my buddy got one off ebay and he had the same problem called them up and *****ed about it and they gave him one.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-08-2010, 12:53 PM
That's a shame. Glad he got one but what about the rest of us holding the bag?
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-08-2010, 01:01 PM
so glad I have a month to month. That way I know what I got and don't get suckered into any of the lifetime drama I see in this game. If something is too good to be true it usually is and I see that with all the life-timers who are complaining about just and about just things with their subscription.
I hope it all works out for you all that were suppose to get certain items.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Ok there was 2 boxes. There was a preorder box and then the retail box. You have to have bought both to get the rifle. Its locked to the retail. So you cant get the $5 preorder box from target and then buy the retail from somewhere else. The retail has to be bought from Target also.

EDIT: And I really dont know what your talking about on the Lifetime. Im a lifetimer and theres no problems with it. You pay a 1 time fee and play as long as the game is up. You never have to pay anymore. Now some people on the forums think that Lifetimers should get more things ingame. And the CS is an option nothing has to be bought from there for the game to work.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-08-2010, 02:45 PM
This is a super old topic......guys the game is cheap to buy from target....
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Mongo, I appreciate your input, but whether it's an old issue or not when it still affects consumer is a problem. Once the Key is accepted into the account, it is legitimate no matter what. Being told to buy another retail version of the game again whether its cheap, well that's an issue. Since it is advertised online for purchase and for players like myself who would like to enjoy STO whether PVE/PVP, Ground/Space..would like to report bugs/issues so that the DEVs can fix this problem. The inconsistancies need to be resolved so that the consumer can enjoy without confusion of the product to which STO is advertised.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-11-2010, 02:55 PM
You always needed to have two keys to get any of the preorder bonuses. It was due to people buying a bunch of preorders from different places and only buying one copy of the game. The Target preorder code is not enough. You also need the Target purchase code. Although there have been a couple of exclusive items that you don't need the code for. The Phaser Satellite Turret and Radiometric Converter from Steam and D2D don't need purchase codes, but you have already purchased the game to get the codes.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Although they sell the preorder in a seperate box, for obvious reasons they treat the preorder as just a down payment on the retail box. When you don't actually buy the game from target you don't actually complete your pre-order and thus dont get the bonus item.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-28-2011, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Rommel
I'd like to hear from all the people who purchased "Target Preorder with TR116 Carbine Rfile Exclusive" on the advertisement and didn't get it once the Key was claimed onto our account. I was told by GM Dannkurt that I have to purchase the actual Target Retail again. When I purchased it, I believed it was the actual exclusivity and was advertised on Amazon.com that it was available. It's right on the box for god sake, says it's exclusive to this order.

I'm a lifetime member and have purchased everything on the Cstore so far, and I have to purchase another retail game? I'm pretty much ready to go to Target and purchase another retail just to see if this will unlock TR116 but who's gonna give me the REFUND for the previous purchase and shipping thinking I'll unlock TR116 Carbine Rifile?

At the time of purchase there were 5 more left a week ago, now there's only 2 left from online search. I'm sure all the customers who purchased this thinking that TR116 will be unlocked will find once the Key is claimed on our account, it's not in the CSTORE UNLOCKABLE. I 'd like to hear from everyone who has this same issue, I feel like I've been banboozled.
Just bought it today for $10 at the local Target in SoCal, added the key and it came up in the Cstore to claim for free. It's a BLAST !!! Bought 4 more for my fleet and we love it, not issues at all. Purchased lifetime at beta and Target had it for 9.99, no brainer.