Lt. Commander
# 11
01-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Rommel
Mongo, I appreciate your input, but whether it's an old issue or not when it still affects consumer is a problem. Once the Key is accepted into the account, it is legitimate no matter what. Being told to buy another retail version of the game again whether its cheap, well that's an issue. Since it is advertised online for purchase and for players like myself who would like to enjoy STO whether PVE/PVP, Ground/Space..would like to report bugs/issues so that the DEVs can fix this problem. The inconsistancies need to be resolved so that the consumer can enjoy without confusion of the product to which STO is advertised.
The problem is not the GM's. The reason they said to buy a new copy is because the key was not a key that included the rifle. The only way to get the rifle is to buy it from Target. Buying it from some 3rd-party provider that is not Target, whether they claim to have it or not, will not guarantee it. If you buy it from a 3rd-party, you do it at your own risk. This also includes the Target website (which is a problem on Target's end, not Cryptic's)
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidgreen View Post
Just bought it today for $10 at the local Target in SoCal, added the key and it came up in the Cstore to claim for free. It's a BLAST !!! Bought 4 more for my fleet and we love it, not issues at all. Purchased lifetime at beta and Target had it for 9.99, no brainer.
Edit:Nevermind...
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2011, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Just bought it today for $10 at the local Target in SoCal, added the key and it came up in the Cstore to claim for free. It's a BLAST !!! Bought 4 more for my fleet and we love it, not issues at all. Purchased lifetime at beta and Target had it for 9.99, no brainer.
I'm curious did the target box for the game you bought have the rifle on the cover? If it doesn't and you had put in the pre-order code allready will it work?

I bought the pre-order box/code for this back before the game came out but hadn't got the target retail copy. Last time I was in a target (about a month ago) they actually still had a copy or two with the rifle on the cover, didn't know if they were all still this way or if it mattered as long as I have the pre-order code?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2011, 08:36 AM
Quote:
I'm curious did the target box for the game you bought have the rifle on the cover? If it doesn't and you had put in the pre-order code allready will it work?

I bought the pre-order box/code for this back before the game came out but hadn't got the target retail copy. Last time I was in a target (about a month ago) they actually still had a copy or two with the rifle on the cover, didn't know if they were all still this way or if it mattered as long as I have the pre-order code?
Yes the Target Exclusive bonsu was on the cover (didn't want to take a chance of using a regualr one) but then again these were the only ones they had. I don't believe it is tied to the pre-order code but the actual game code inside the game on the user manual.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2011, 08:41 AM
Just how good is this rifle? Is it worth spending $10 on a second copy of the game? I already bought the Deluxe version from the main site.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2011, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Just how good is this rifle? Is it worth spending $10 on a second copy of the game? I already bought the Deluxe version from the main site.
it doesn't level with you but I'm at VA1 and I love using it. I've had some clean shots that have dropped health by 50% percent (with their shields up). It looks like a Tron version of a phaser rifle (muzzle tip) and it leaves spent shell casings on the ground! You can kick them around as you walk over them, very funny. I just wish it wasn't a MK1. I found 7 copies at Target for $10 and sold them to my fleet in a heardbeat - we love it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
it doesn't level with you but I'm at VA1 and I love using it. I've had some clean shots that have dropped health by 50% percent (with their shields up). It looks like a Tron version of a phaser rifle (muzzle tip) and it leaves spent shell casings on the ground! You can kick them around as you walk over them, very funny. I just wish it wasn't a MK1. I found 7 copies at Target for $10 and sold them to my fleet in a heardbeat - we love it.
I agree with this one.
Even if it doesn't level with you it has its uses.

And even then I generally leave it for better weapons around mid Captain or so. Then a BO(combat or non combat one) get to play with it.
(and easy storage in case I do find a use for it)