Lt. Commander
For at least three C-store species, the in-game stats of their traits are not as good as advertised on the C-store.
This post concerns the traits of the Regilian, Pakled and Tellarite species which are available from the C-store. For all three species, the description text in the C-store promises traits which do not correctly reflect the in-game stats of these traits. In fact, in all three cases the in-game stats of the traits are worse than promised in the C-store.

Rigelians (ticket #1,072,718)

The c-store text states
Quote:
These Captains begin with the Spirit Walk trait (click power that provides a buff to damage, damage resistance and regeneration).
The in-game ability lacks the damage buff, it only has
Quote:
+50% Hit points over 10sec
+20 All Damage resistance for 10 sec
Screenshot: http://img222.imageshack.us/i/rigelian.jpg/

I had created a bug report and a forum post for this issue back in september and got the answer that it would be fixed within weeks. Obviously this did not happen.

Tellarite (ticket #1,072,724)

The c-store text states
Quote:
These Captains begin with Pig-Headed (30% resistance to holds, 40% resistance to slows and 50% resistance to placates, with a chance to become enraged and gain a 20% damage buff for a short time) and Sturdy (10% reistance to physical damage, 10% resistance to kinetic damage, 10% resistance to knockback) traits.
The in-game trait Pig-Headed has lower values and lacks the slow resistance:
Quote:
+20 Hold resistance
+50 Placate resistance
50% chance: +20% All Damage strength for 20 sec when receiving a critical hit
Screenshot: http://img821.imageshack.us/i/tellarite.jpg/

Pakled (ticket #1,072,727)

The c-store text states
Quote:
These Captains begin with the Dumb Luck trait (40% increase in susceptibility to placate and confuse powers, 20% increase in susceptibility to holds, 6% increase in Critical frequency).
The in-game trait gives different values, includeing a lower critical chance:
Quote:
+4% Critical Chance
-30 Hold resistance
-30 Confuse resistance
-30 Placate resistance
The +4% critical chance is now barely an improvement over the +3% of the Lucky trait other species can choose and certainly not enough to offset the negative sides of this trait.

Screenshot: http://img340.imageshack.us/i/pakled.jpg/

Conclusion
Rigelian, Tellarite and Pakled traits are not working as advertised and in all cases the in-game version is worse than the one advertised in the c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Hmm.. Yes. This needs to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2011, 01:56 PM
I agree, these need to be fixed.

I bugged the Pakled Dumb Luck trait almost a year ago and it still has not been fixed.

Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Probably either a bug, miscommunication from the get-go, or a balance that was never transferred over to the c-store text.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Perhaps they were lowered after they came out for balancing reasons, and the web team is so slow that they haven't fixed the c-store page to reflect the changes (the web team is notoriously slow). Also, there are sometimes bonuses that don't show on in-game descriptions that are actually working even though you can't see them. This could be the case here.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2011, 02:53 PM
The web based c-store page has always been a total mess

E.g , Caitians :
'These Captains begin with the Feline Instincts trait (20% bonus to Stealth Sight, 10% boost to Exploit damage, 75% increase to jump height, 10% chance to dodge half of the damage from ranged attacks).'

that 10% exploit damage was never their, even since day 1 of caitians appearing in the store ( many many months ago )

other things are even listed at the wrong price, like the assault cruiser costume

ofc the web team did have enough time to change the c-store page so everything has an 'atari token' price instead of 'cryptic points' to bad they were too lazy to fix description errors that have been around for 6 months +
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
Perhaps they were lowered after they came out for balancing reasons, and the web team is so slow that they haven't fixed the c-store page to reflect the changes (the web team is notoriously slow). Also, there are sometimes bonuses that don't show on in-game descriptions that are actually working even though you can't see them. This could be the case here.
I can't speak for the others, but the Pakleds were wrong right out of the gate. I bought them day they were released. They have always been like that. It wasn't a balancing change.

Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2011, 04:11 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines GMMeeko
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-01-2011, 04:36 PM
This thread makes me glad that I've never purchased a C-Store species - no not one.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
False statements pertaining to the C-store? That is absolutely shocking. About as shocking as a sunrise.
Wait - aren't you glad that the ones you can acquire in-game for free are better?