Lt. Commander
# 31
12-10-2010, 01:26 PM
I support this. I really want my Magelubula in full form and at last phyiscal. It's one of two ships I'd cheat on my beloved Connie with.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-10-2010, 01:56 PM
I'd get at least my main Char and my favourite ship. If this happens, I'd hope that I can easily pay it with and secure shipment to Europe.

I'm longing for 3D-printing!
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-10-2010, 02:03 PM
I would definitely be interested in both ships and my alts. I could even see a smaller version for the whole away team - THAT would be cool as well.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-10-2010, 02:49 PM
This could easily be a partnership between the company that makes these 3D Figures and Cryptic - to license the creation of these items through the Cryptic Store. That kind of revenue could easily help STO move towards a non-monthly subscription based MMO. Just a thought.....
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-22-2010, 03:25 PM
A package option might be a good idea once you reach VA level.
Get a 3d printed character and the customized ships that you have acquired as you had ranked up from Lt on.

There was a modeler that produced 3d printed ships at one point that I saw over at www.starshipmodeler.net.
It was a user under the name Justicar and his site was http://scifiskunkwerks.blogspot.com/. He has since disappeared I believe due to lack of interest.

BTW, sorry if linking is considered spamming... I am not affliated with either site, just a lurker...

first post!
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klingorion View Post
Thanks for the post. Characters or ships? I'd probably get both!
ditto... i'd love to have a model of my ship (aprox 8 inches long .. with a figurprint of my toon with that model standing on the same base the ship is mointed on (toon model could be aprox. 6 inches tall)