Lt. Commander
# 1 BoP/Carrier PuG versus Premade
10-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Okay, I don't often stick my head in here. Not that it isn't interesting, but I sadly never get the chance to play with team speak in a premade on either side. Not that I wouldn't like to, but I seem to have bad luck with fleets in my time slot. So my experience is limited to playing PuG matches on both sides, even though I mostly play BoP these days. Thus I never feel I have the perspective to comment on what gets said.

That clarified, I'm very interested in getting feedback on what was probably the most enjoyable game of STO I've ever played from some of the participants, last night. It was a Cap and Hold and the klingons were obviously pure PuG. When I saw the TSI flag on the first enemy, I figured I might be up against a premade. The first two deaths by coordinated tractor/SNB/PSW stun were works-of-art that confirmed it. Then someone on our side dropped out.

At this point I figured "okay, going to get slaughtered so I might as well try and keep K'yla's points ratio respectable". I started to play like it was an arena match and focused on giving the two Karfi's time to build their fighter wings. The premade was set up for BoP slaughter (as I had managed to demonstrate) and didn't seem to be swapping officers for carrier fighting.

The resulting battle was epic, as my PuG group (two BoPs and two Karfis) seemed to be pretty good and the premade never switched to using FAW. The Nerdgasm was immense and the adrenalyn rush kept me awake much of the night. I remember being sad that it would end soon, and noticing that the klingon side was stuck on 80 points remaining. I figured we must be giving the feds a good time and they weren't looking to finish us off early.

Eventually both sides got reinforced and some of our klingons were trying to win the cap and hold. When the premade feds noticed, they had to split up, and it was then that the klingon PuG was able to defeat them in detail. It didn't take much co-ordination, we just all followed the fighter swarms and tried to keep them alive.

In the end, the Klingons won 70 points to zero. I know there was a point where we could have been finished and the "it's an interesting fight" factor saved us, but I was still stunned. K'yla managed to go 21-5 and topped the healing on the Klingon side. I'm still trying to figure this battle, because I have a sense that understanding it would really help my game. If anyone has some thoughts they would be much appreciated.

Oh, and BobTheYak ... T'lol is the toughest, meanest, downright scariest Intrepid-R pilot I have ever had the honour of flying against. (Places right fist over left shoulder) Ka'pla.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the compliment.
That was an epic game for sure nice to see it get down to the wire like that.
Well played.

And were there any other TSI there? I forget. Otherwise I don't think it was a premade - I PuG all the time.
Actually now that I think of it...I'm fairly sure that every TSI will PuG if necessary. Usually when we do premades it's arena - not Cap n Hold.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-23-2010, 01:53 AM
I hate t'lol! but i love me some K'eg

But speaking of epic battles, My fleet Lore had one with i guess they are considered old GOD people... but it was a random KVK arena with k'eg and bombergirl and the likes, freaking epic 15-14 victory to lore. just was so much damn fun and challenging... thx guys!

Lore and TSI have had great matches being pug and premades in the last month... Our fleet really respects those guys and we enjoy every battle with them as its the best test of our strength. No offense to anyone...

Zan'Kal Sci/Vor'cha refit

Ka'bal Tac/Raptor
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-23-2010, 06:03 AM
I was in that kvk with lore it was great it wasint a one sided match it went back and forth. best kvk i have done in a while
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-23-2010, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Well played.

And were there any other TSI there? I forget. Otherwise I don't think it was a premade - I PuG all the time.
Actually now that I think of it...I'm fairly sure that every TSI will PuG if necessary. Usually when we do premades it's arena - not Cap n Hold.
I PUG cause its fun. But i mostly do cap`n holds since there are hardly enough ppl for arenas =|

Oh btw: Sector space...power settings *cough*
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-23-2010, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoras_Serenitus View Post
I PUG cause its fun. But i mostly do cap`n holds since there are hardly enough ppl for arenas =|

Oh btw: Sector space...power settings *cough*
Sector space noobtardation week. Please donate to this worthy cause. That challenge match was a blast though.

Still say everyone should have focused on Elash :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-23-2010, 07:35 AM
A single TSI tag in a match is usually enough to single-handedly win a PvP match. ;-) And T'lol is indeed an awesome Sci captain. I think it's fair to say that they're hands-down the best PvP fleet in the game currently, with a pick of the top players in every respective class/ship combination. It's a joy to watch a full team of them in action, if depressing to be on the receiving end of it. ;-)

However the pyromaniac in me must point out that the OP is probably just yet more proof, if any were needed, that the new carriers are deeply imbalanced, and require some form of diminishing returns on multiple carriers in a match (for instance NemoSD's proposal to cap NPC numbers in a game).
Lt. Commander
# 8 Oh I beg to differ
10-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Well played.

Last night, we were in a cap'n'hold where the other team was ALL La' Familia....

They moved as one and ATE US UP. Matcha lasted about 3 minutes and we were roundly defeated as a PUG.

This has happened several times actually. And if PUG, usually in cap'n'hold, there are 5 in one premade and some PUGS, and the 5 still move as one and usually are able to mush the competition.
Lt. Commander
# 9 For Photonic fleet too
10-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlemore
A single TSI tag in a match is usually enough to single-handedly win a PvP match. ;-) And T'lol is indeed an awesome Sci captain. I think it's fair to say that they're hands-down the best PvP fleet in the game currently, with a pick of the top players in every respective class/ship combination. It's a joy to watch a full team of them in action, if depressing to be on the receiving end of it. ;-)

However the pyromaniac in me must point out that the OP is probably just yet more proof, if any were needed, that the new carriers are deeply imbalanced, and require some form of diminishing returns on multiple carriers in a match (for instance NemoSD's proposal to cap NPC numbers in a game).
I totally agree here, ever meen in a match with 5 sci and all you end up fighting are 5 photonic fleets?????

HATE THAT!