Lt. Commander
say what you will about Star Trek Enterprise as a series...

and nothing against the traditional starship zipping thru dramatic space-scapes while blasting the theme song style opening...

Enterprise had the only intro that made me want to like, donate to NASA... or follow the progress of Virgin Galactic.

------------------------------edit

to clarify:
i felt that of all the Star Treks, Enterprise, specifically the intro (compared to the cinematic whooshing of the previous ones) was the one series that made me most proud of the achievements in space travel made in my own lifetime.

TOS, TNG, DS9... they're all based on the idea that space travel is commonplace... warp 9 is a given and adventure comes from... space-politics...

ENT was more like "JEEZUSCHRIS WE'RE IN @#$&ING SPACE! WHAT IS GOING ON ?!"
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
And the first episode is the only one that I've needed a cold shower after a scene (that quarantine room with the 'rubbing in the goo' - T'Pol in a tiny singlet and tiny shorts...)

*cold water*
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-11-2010, 10:44 PM
If that got you hot, i suggest you get laid.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-11-2010, 11:31 PM
I just now finished watching both parts of the first episode to Enterprise. I must say, I really enjoyed it. It was far better than I was lead to initially believe and I'm really happy about that too. I'm going to continue watching it in the hopes that it only gets better.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Aye. Enterprise is my favorite Star Trek series. I like all of them but I found Enterprise had the best stories, best cast, and best graphics/special effects (of course).

There's too much misplaced hate for ENT. Makes me sad. Show had awesome potential and Season 5+ would have progressed into even more interesting events that would have lead up to the creation of the United Federation.

LOL @ Opaserv - Best sexy pose I've seen on here! That kind of awesomeness is hard to match.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Enterprise contains some of my favourite ever Trek episodes.

Cold Front,
Carbon Creek,
Shuttlepod One,
Shadows of P'Jem,
The Andorian Incident and
Regeneration (Only for the final seconds "So, what? We only delayed the invasion until what? The 24th century?"
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-12-2010, 01:35 AM
As long as I pretended it wasn't actual Star Trek it was enjoyable.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-12-2010, 01:44 AM
I enjoyed Enterprise. Quite a lot actually. I would have liked to see it reach the 7 season lock but it did all it needed to do in 4. When the NX class comes to STO I'll be all over it. Same with the suits and species and episodes. What Can I say? I reallllly enjoyed Enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-12-2010, 02:38 AM
Well, I liked it so much I bought the series... and then the DS9 series... (I already had TNG series)...

debating whether i get voyager and TOS to finish it off....

and as for the comment by SpaceFork - I did, so nyeer! :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-12-2010, 03:47 AM
I loved Ent.. Its by far the series with the most "exploring" and "seeking out new life and new civilizations" with Voyager coming in at a close second (remember they weren't exploring, merely trying to get home).

TOS Enterprise didnt explore much
TNG Enterprise didnt explore much
DS9 Defiant didnt explore much (apart from a few episodes in the Gamma Quadrant)

Enterprise and Voyager are actually the series with the most "Trek spirit"
Closed Thread