Lt. Commander
# 21
10-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlot
Actualy, I play on Elite, so combat is very boring for me, so I have been playing a path that is totaly combat free. So no loot drops post-combat. I am finishing out the last couple of grades on my current rank and was gathering ship components for my next ship so I can outfit it as soon as I get it. I am doing Diplomatic Missions exclusivly. So this is a bug that most people will never encounter.

I found a place to do my missions in that does not give free components - it gives higher level components that I value more and am quite eager to aquire legitimitly. So ya, I can putz around and not advance and earn some credits, or I can do what I did - report the bug and move to another part of space.

EDIT: What you bet this thread makes sure the bug is fixed next patch, heh. Yes Kirk would get the free stuff, but Picard would uphold the honor of the Federation and tell Star Fleet about it, like I did.
Are you talking about emblems for doing the aid the deferi? I'm just really concerned that there may be a legit reason rather than it being an exploit. I would PM a GM and let them decide. No sense in letting it ruin your gaming.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
I am talking about shields, impulse engines, weapon systems, exciting green and even blue items.
So, you've found a bug that grants repeated Aid the Planet missions then?
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Argh.

I understand that it might seem like a good idea to "make noise about it", but the best thing to do is quietly contact the developers so they can quietly fix it. I guarantee you there are players out there (who were unaware up until this point) who are now hopping online to abuse the heck out of this bug.

Cryptic will fix it at the speed at which Cryptic can fix it. Often that ends up being slower than is good for the health of the game. The more people abuse it in the meanwhile, the worse it will be (and it's unlikely they'll fix it any more quickly).

The last time I heard someone use the "if everyone knows about the bug, then the developers will HAVE to fix it quickly" line, it took the developers a month to fix and a month after that the plug was pulled on the servers and the company went out of business. The exploitation of any bug, any form of cheating, harms a game. At a bare minimum it harms the reputation of the product, and causes people to shy away from using that product - not a good thing for business when you're talking about an MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Correct, they never take the 10 items from my inventory and they allways grant the reward. I have been playing exclusivly 'Aid The Planet' missions. I have moved on to another sector of space, so I am not exploiting the bug, as my mission logs can attest to (I hope it has allready been checked). I just think that this sort of bug would be kept quiet by most players, and therfore gone un-corrected. But by making this much of a noise over it, and now so many people looking for the bug themselvs, it will most certinly be fixed with the next patch. I am doing the dev team a favor by going about it this way, to my thinking.
That's been happening off and on for quite some time in different sectors. I had one run while I was grinding diplomatic XP on my main character that gave me 5 back to back that didn't take them, and the next one did. It's a pretty random bug in my experience.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Perhaps it is on my side, and a re-install of the game will solve my problem?
No it has nothing to do with anything on your end and reinstalling won't do anything for it.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-12-2010, 03:20 PM