Lt. Commander
# 1 no more STF's?
10-12-2010, 10:46 AM
huh? i have not played for a while but recently dusted off my toons and i have read that there are no more STF's being produced? i am unable to find any info about it either way so...can folks point me to where this info is (if it exists) and/or why that decision may have been made? are they to be replaced with something else? thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-12-2010, 11:42 AM
They're not producing any more at this time until they come to a concensus on how they want them to function. They're not stopping them. They're just reworking the concept on how they want to implement them. STFs are a sticking point for the player-base: it seems half hate them and half love them. Right now most of their efforts are on the weeklies.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-12-2010, 02:19 PM
I think everyone agrees that all of them need some tweaking, and Terradome needs to be fixed. The main sticking point is that there are players that mainly play solo who have been complaining that they want to be able to experience the content, and that it's "too hard to solo", and they "dont want to have to group up or join a fleet". Then there are the other players that feel that there is nothing wrong with having a few missions that require a group to play, and that the STF's are the only challenging end-game content in STO.

So as it stands right now, the existing ones will stay. They will work on improving them over time. There are supposedly some borg components that can be obtained for doing them for season 3. They will also be working on a way to make a separate version or a similar version of them for the solo players.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-12-2010, 07:20 PM
ok thanks folks. that seems more like there is an actual plan.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-12-2010, 07:46 PM
In the DStahl inteview just posted today; he did not at all rule out either The Hive or Children of Khan being completed and added down the road; but it seems that any future STF will also have a single player mission that makes use of the same enviroments (tilesets, maps, etc.) used for those STFs - and the single player missions may be smilar to a given STF, or quite different - but it just seems he wants to be sure all players get to use the created enviroments, whether they're able to do a particular STF or not (which IMO isn't a bad idea).

The STFs however will always yield the better player rewards over the single player versions too; which again, makes perfect sense.

I do hope we gwt to see Children of Khan at some point. It's got to be already scripted as the mission title had a placeholder from back in Closed-beta.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
I think everyone agrees that all of them need some tweaking, and Terradome needs to be fixed.
I agree that Terradome needs to be fixed from 1 bug. The rest of the STF missions is good and fun imo
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinnio View Post
I agree that Terradome needs to be fixed from 1 bug. The rest of the STF missions is good and fun imo
Don't get me wrong. I think the rest of STF missions are good too. By tweaking, I mean minor adjustments here and there. Like adding re-spawn points at each of the gates in Cure. Like being able to beam back down into the Khitomer ground portion if you beam out, or if someone else is trying to join you. Like fixing the mini-map in Cure (I heard this is fixed on Tribble). You get the idea.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-19-2010, 02:30 PM
So any idea or when this susposed revamp is going to occur?

Ran a team through cure last night to dfiscover that hurrah amek is bugged, he has a rapid fire now which is rather hilarious to watch. Also the worker spawn for gate 2 needs some work. Needless to sayh I find them very much so not worth the time, except for infected, which they keep making easier for some reason.

First person to say season 3 gets thrown into the targ pit as apparently EVERYTHING is happening season 3. Be interesting to see what makes the cut though
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Right now all the focus is on Season 3 (Nov/Dec) so it won't be until sometime after that.