Lt. Commander
# 11
10-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
great episode. main complaint is season 3 is pushed back to december.
It definitely sucks, but I'm really not surprised.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
It definitely sucks, but I'm really not surprised.
It really comes down to "Do you want it now, or do you want it done right?" The disaster that was Season 2 proves that getting it done right is paramount.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBuck
It really comes down to "Do you want it now, or do you want it done right?" The disaster that was Season 2 proves that getting it done right is paramount.
It dont disagree. However, something could ALWAYS be better. I'm sure they could delay it to Jan and make it even better than it would be in Dec.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Great episode and interview! Keep up the good work guys. Best STO podcast going!
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
I am also extremely impressed by the way the developers have answered the critics who worried UGC would ruin the experience.
Making it possible for anyone who wishes to ignore it to not even have to know its there.
Well played Devs, well played.
Um... that's not exactly brilliance, that's common sense. What was worrisome before was the word that it might somehow be integrated into the default mission progression and contacts, which was a positively cringeworthy proposition.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Very positive interview. Makes me glad I bought a bunch of Cryptic points. Even if the Nebula is going to suck (sorry, but it is), I feel Dan has taken the game in a very sound direction and that we will be here for years and years to come.

I'm particularitly glad to hear about the PVP ideas, Starbase 24, opening new sectors to the klingons, and the like. I've thought for a while now that the greatest problem with PVP, after the obvious issues with queues, is the lack of integration with the PVE content. PVP would be so much better in the context of PVE maps, and even with PVE ships. How much nicer to blast away in a PVE story context while waiting for your PVP mission in the same story context ... Perhaps PVE ships will also be part of the PVP environment in certain situations.

The foundry also will be great for the game. I look forward to publishing the occasional mission. If the tool is as user friendly as Dan makes it sound this will do wonders for the state of the game in particular,and even the state of Trek in general.

---------------------------------------------------

Almost forgot to mention. Way, way happy about the single player STF concept! I've been feeling like I'm missing out just for being a late night pacific coaster.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I've got to say, I was getting slightly anxious about the game. I hit max level on my main character, weekly missions were on hiatus before series 2, and I'd been grinding up for GPL and diplomacy (how am I still only attache??). But then I watched this and got pumped again... the whole Forge/UGC stuff and stuff coming down the line for... well, pretty much the whole game, sounds AWESOME. I only wish you had a bigger team to put it together more quickly, because I know a lot of this stuff would win a lot of points in a lot of people's books. Thanks to the Stoked guys for doing the interview.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Great show, that 1 week of is forgotten.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Indeed a great show and interview. Really looking forward to seeing the game progress over the next few months and years. And looking forward to making missions and of course buying shinies in the C-Store!
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-13-2010, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
What was worrisome before was the word that it might somehow be integrated into the default mission progression and contacts, which was a positively cringeworthy proposition.
I wouldn't believe that would happen even if a Dev said it was going to.
It just seems like such an impossibly bad thought.

I'm all *for* UGC and even I would strongly disagree with straight-up integrating it into mission progression.

I have nothing against giving rewards of proper magnitude for highly rated/featured UGC missions though....