Lt. Commander
# 21
10-13-2010, 07:11 AM
I dont get what people have against these movies. Giant robots are punching and shooting each other. Massive explosions are happening. There is an incredibly hot chick. The Transformer's mannerisms are close to dead on. I seriously think people hate them for no reason other then everyone else is, like its the popular thing to do or something
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-13-2010, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
I dont get what people have against these movies. Giant robots are punching and shooting each other. Massive explosions are happening. There is an incredibly hot chick. The Transformer's mannerisms are close to dead on. I seriously think people hate them for no reason other then everyone else is, like its the popular thing to do or something
Problem is what the movie is about. Who are the main characters?

Without a doubt, the main character is LaBoof (intentionally misspelled) with the second most important character being Megan Fox. Which would be fine, if the movie was titled 'Annoying Kid and Even More Annoying Girlfriend'. But it is not 'Annoying Kid and Girlfriend'. It's Transformers. I paid money to watch Transformers. Not humans.

Sure Optimus Prime says a few lines, Megatron sounds evil and threatening, and then we get to see that the Transformers are sufficiently gangsta, but the Transformers themselves are mostly background objects. Besides Optimus and the gangstabots, what other Autobots have a speaking line in TF2? Ratchet or Ironhide says something. Beyond that, none.

Now go watch the cartoons. Okay, how many episodes had just 2 Autobots speaking? The cartoons were about the robots. Their struggles, their characters, their battles. Not humans going to college and having a girlfriend.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-13-2010, 07:36 AM
So basically your entire issue is that the movie revolves around what important things a few puny humans can do to support the autobots and save the galaxy. You cant appreciate that it is at least being done from a perspective we did not see in the cartoon? You just want to see what you have already seen.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
I think Optimus Prime appeared before the cop that morning and said...

"Listen, random police guy, you must stop Micheal Bay before he makes another terrible movie. Only you have the power to do this."
I find it interesting that there are people (like Raven above) who think this accident will stall or even stop production. As a Fox 5 news clip, featured on Seibertron.com, points out, they do have an understudy.

"Okay, let's break out the yellow paint and start covering Cliffjumper with it." :p

Quote:
So basically your entire issue is that the movie revolves around what important things a few puny humans can do to support the autobots and save the galaxy. You cant appreciate that it is at least being done from a perspective we did not see in the cartoon? You just want to see what you have already seen.
You mean the perspective of the annoying brat or the kid that can't stop whining for 2 seconds?

IMHO, there are two series that represent the epitome of Transformers story telling: Beast Wars, which featured no humans (aside from the "protos" in the last season, and even then they were used sparingly) and Transformers: Animated, which showed that humans and Transformers can co-exist in the same series. Cybertron comes close, but not quite to the level of either BW or Animated.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-13-2010, 07:46 AM
I really didn't think Megan Fox role was important in the film at all. She was like the main character's pet, like his midget dog, only she weighed less.

I thought the main characters were LeBeouf (who I actually like as an actor) and the Army Captain. Agent Simmons was just plain awesome and alone makes the film worthwhile.

Try not to hate it though, raven. They're really fun if you don't go into them with your mind already made up. Are you telling me that you didn't feel your neck hair stand up when Blackout (the helicopter decepticon) first started tearing up that army base? I gave out a yip, myself

edit: I felt the same way about the new Trek movie, thinking they had committed some blasphemy. But then I decided it could still be fun if I just watched it without starting off mad at it. It doesn't make life better to sit around sulking about things that are meant to entertain.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-13-2010, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
I really didn't think Megan Fox role was important in the film at all. She was like the main character's pet, like his midget dog, only she weighed less.
I thought she was even less essential in RotF than she was in the first movie. It seemed like the writers and direct didn't know what to do with her character in that film. Thank goodness she's been written out of the third film (although, in true Bay fashion, there is another love interest lined up).
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Watch This to the End and you will understand the Hate for the Movie.

that is meant to be a joke... no need to get mad over transformers... so here is a Funny for everyone. Enjoy
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-13-2010, 08:05 AM
^
That girl at the end.... I don't know how I'd handle that. I'd probably still hit on her just on the 1% chance it was something in her pocket. But you'd have to replace the car knowledge with anime/games instead. I don't really know about cars beyond changing the oil. And take out the piercings. And feed her a cookie because she's too thin. And... and... and.... yeah, I guess she's not my type <__>
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
Watch This to the End and you will understand the Hate for the Movie.

that is meant to be a joke... no need to get mad over transformers... so here is a Funny for everyone. Enjoy
haha, the people that want reality in movies are a whole nother brand of stupid. Patton Oswalt has a bit that goes something like, If the movies were real life and you had to get up every day and foil a terrorist plot or fight hordes of ninja assassins people would go to movies ****led "Man eats Cereal" or "Guy Takes Dog for a Walk" and there would still be those jack asses that go to the movie and say, thats not reality! Where are the ninjas and terrorists?
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Everyone is blaming the cop however in this case cops CAN go through closed streets legally and even SHOULD when responding to potential emergencies and just because the street is closed doesn't mean you don't have to PAY ATTENTION TO cop sirens and give the right of way to them.

That cop siren lets you do things you wouldn't normally be able to do.

Accept emergency vehicles aren't allowed to drive blindly through intersections and this one did, he never slowed down. If he had paid attention, he could have easily swerved out of BB's way.