Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Not really. What I said is what happened, in both movies.
Hazzie has a point, and he pretty much summed it up.......Nemisis while a decent movie....was obviously nothing more than a spin off of a earlier trek film in the sense that the orginality went out the window.

Thats not to say i didn't like it. It just felt.....familiar
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-13-2010, 07:54 AM
I felt Nemesis was pretty bad. I haven't liked any of the films they have made since Generations.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-13-2010, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
I felt Nemesis was pretty bad. I haven't liked any of the films they have made since Generations.
But you can't deny the glaring similarities between the two plots.

I like Nemesis a lot more than most people, so you could reasonably say it was one of the reasons Nemesis was bad, rather than mediocre.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-13-2010, 08:19 AM
This guy sums it up pretty well - his comparison to Khan is early on. Lengthy vid but funny:

http://www.redlettermedia.com/nemesis.html
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-13-2010, 08:34 AM
^ Beat me to it.

Lt. Commander
# 16
10-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Me too, heh.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-13-2010, 10:13 AM
i loved generation despite its plot holes, and just thought it was a fun movie. first contact was awesome. insurrection was a good story and felt very star trek but perhaps was not good enough as a big blockbuster film, more like a two part tv ep with better fx.

nemesis is a mixed bag, i do like about 50% of it and think its as good as any of the others, but the other 50% is pretty poor that brings it crashing back down. i think the bad director they chose, who knew nothing about star trek really hurt the film, and the comedy sections were just off but i still enjoy nemesis and think its better than some people give it credit for.

i would have loved a fifth one just to see what it would have been like.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i loved generation despite its plot holes, and just thought it was a fun movie. first contact was awesome. insurrection was a good story and felt very star trek but perhaps was not good enough as a big blockbuster film, more like a two part tv ep with better fx.

nemesis is a mixed bag, i do like about 50% of it and think its as good as any of the others, but the other 50% is pretty poor that brings it crashing back down. i think the bad director they chose, who knew nothing about star trek really hurt the film, and the comedy sections were just off but i still enjoy nemesis and think its better than some people give it credit for.

i would have loved a fifth one just to see what it would have been like.
You liked Generations? That explains so much!

Like why you liked the third seasons of DS9!
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
You liked Generations? That explains so much!

Like why you liked the third seasons of DS9!
we've been here before. i liked ds9 season 3 because it was good. i cant fix your poor taste in star trek:p
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Is it my imagination, or did the post First Contact movies feel like extra long TNG episodes? The older movies were...well, movies. They didn't have the TV Special feel to them.