Lt. Commander
# 1 Environmental Suit
10-13-2010, 07:57 AM
I think a vital part (not in TOS and even in TNG) was the space walk.

In UGC I have many ideas as I'm sure we all do. But I would really like to visit a moon like ours or a mercury type planet. Not kidding, one idea I have depends on it. But with neglegable atmospheres the away team would need an EvoSuit.

Wondering if it is a good idea that a atmosphere toggle (default on 'yes') be added to the options. And if unchecked your crew would automatically transport down with an EvoSuit on. In later shows and movies the suits were used more offten and I'm hoping that they could in the future (hopefully soon) be integrated into STO.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Not a terrible idea, that would also open up some alternative maps for missions. Think airless asteroid (perhaps with reduced gravity?), hull of a ship (fight off attackers/repair damage), etc.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-13-2010, 08:02 AM
I'd love to see a similar suit option like in Mass effect where at times you would have to wear a helmet / mask. Also like in the latest ST movie. Would gel well with the armour.

Im sure it'd be a nightmare for the devs what with some of the crazy head shapes aliens can have though...

EMBRACE THE CHALLENGE!!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-13-2010, 08:06 AM
beaming down to just class M planets gets a little boring after a while some hazardous environments would be lovely but i think they should count as a type of armor to counter/reduce some of the weapon effect and science abilities. Or it should be a special costume mainly for the hazardous environments that's customizable with different parts all over it. Another option that would be available would be the option to take a stroll on the hull of your ship which i know some people would like to do it could also work towards the ship interior bonuses that have been talked about when they get implemented like a bones to hull regen or something cool. It was a feature in Star Trek Elite Force 2 where you had to get onto the bottom of the saucer section and eliminate some guys trying to plat some bombs and defuse said bombs then you had to defend the ship from other ships with some pop out pulse phaser turret with a quantum torpedo launcher (the torpedo launcher was way to much for me it really irked me)
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-13-2010, 08:08 AM
I am BsRanger and I support this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-13-2010, 09:56 AM
I stamp my support too.

Really this as well as customizable armor could benefit from a helmet system.
Thats really the only missing tech.

In theory you could design a segmented helmet that can deform to the shape of the being's head I guess....
Armor and kits already go through alot of contortions to fit on the more unique charachters.....

Why not EVA suits?
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Dan Stahl already said he liked the idea. Though it will require significant art and code, since alien customization and head size and the helmet that has to cover that head.

Dan's Post:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...4&postcount=21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl
And to some other questions - we do recognize that this might call for some environmental suits! So I'm eager to see if we can get some episodes where you're required to be in a suit. That will open up a ton of mission ideas once we get that feature in game. (btw.. it does require a little bit of tech on our end as we need to cram your head into a helmet regardless of how you've customized your character)
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-13-2010, 11:31 AM
This has come up before and is an awesome addition. I would love to get in those big suits and repair my electro-dooberries whilst fighting off kenemies in zero-G. It would make an interesting additional element of gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Once again, I completely agree with & support this request.

Environmental & Space suits would open the door to some very cool mission settings.