Lt. Commander
Someone mentioned Latinum Trophies on the forum and I decided to check them out. (Honestly didn't know they were in the game). You can buy 6 Latinum Trophies from the Hologram Device vendor, the most expensive being 500,000 Bars of Latinum. And each yields 10 Accolade points per purchase.

I had managed to save quite a fortune due to selling Prototype Consoles, and got curious and bought 4 consoles, one being the 500,000 trophy. And in the end, it was NOT worth it!

It's an obvious major money sink designed for those (like me) who sold tons of Prototype Consoles. And I really feel sorry for players who weren't fortunate enough to get Prototype consoles and worked up a fortune by doing Dabo, who end up buying these dead-end items. And those who played Dabo knows it takes a very long time to gain a small fortune.

Second, if you buy a more expensive trophy, you are only limited to showing the most expensive one!

Third, given the expense, they give absolutely no benefits whatsoever, outside of Bragging rights. Which really isn't worth squat, given the expense.

So don't bother buying these Trophies. You're better off spending your money on those Holograms Devices than these worthless displays. But if you do think this is a good buy, I got a Bridge in Brooklyn I'm interested in selling you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-13-2010, 10:59 AM
*dumps a copy of "Rules of Acquisition" on your toes*
Number 16: A deal is a deal. :p

See it like this... You exchanged a vast sum of GPL for an equal sum of GPL to show off to people.
(not really working but eh...)
Oh and rule 59: Free advice is seldom cheap.
That will be 6 bars of GPL plz.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-13-2010, 11:15 AM
They are trophies, and described as such, so what did you even expect? Honestly? They are there to spruce up your mess hall or ready room, just like every other trophy, so I see no issue here.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-13-2010, 11:19 AM
I am reminded of the SWG "Millionaire" and "Billionaire" badges. How do you get them? Give the requisite number of credits to an NPC.

Gym "And yes, people on the SWG fora complained about them being useless..." Quirk
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk
I am reminded of the SWG "Millionaire" and "Billionaire" badges. How do you get them? Give the requisite number of credits to an NPC.

Gym "And yes, people on the SWG fora complained about them being useless..." Quirk
I got the Billionaire one!
Thank hell I married rich.

*edit* +1
Millionaire... Riiiiiight... Pocket change.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
I got the Millionaire one!
Thank hell I married rich.
It's hardly like there is much else to do...
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-13-2010, 11:45 AM
what else are you going to do with that latinum
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
what else are you going to do with that latinum
Wait for something better to buy

Lt. Commander
# 9
10-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Is this United Federation of Planets or Ferengi Alliance?
Pay for everything.
List time i checked there was no curency in Federation so all this is stupid.
And lower price on T5 retrofits.
500 emblems is way to much.
Give us back Federation not Ferengi
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Is this United Federation of Planets or Ferengi Alliance?
Pay for everything.
List time i checked there was no curency in Federation so all this is stupid.
And lower price on T5 retrofits.
500 emblems is way to much.
Give us back Federation not Ferengi
There is currency in the Federation. You think all those enlisted and officers work for free and then all get shiny new homes and cars when they retire just because? You think Picard gives away his bottles of wine? You think Pops Sisko gives away the food at his restaurant for free?

The goal of the 25th century isn't to make money but that doesn't mean people don't.