Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
You make me wanna mix sedatives and painkillers.
Pass me some, new medication gives me major sinus pains, goto see doc tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Well, SWG is the only other star wars mmo out there right now. Considering it won't take much to be better than swg, the people who prefer star wars to star trek and who have been waiting for a new star wars mmo since swg basically decided to go ahead and suicide will likely still leave for it. I know I will. Simply because it's star wars.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
You know, funny thing...? I scanned the articles' source, and the OP, and I haven't found much mention of BioWare, TOR, or Star-Wars. I thought this post was about TOR and why it'd fail or something like that.

Just a little bit of back information... BioWare, and TOR are owned by Electronic Arts. EA pulls the strings... some some fuel for the fir.. I mean some back information.

* noms on popcorn *
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-13-2010, 02:08 PM
I love Star Wars, (major shock huh) just I can't stand the new films since Lucas went Jedi and CGI mad. It lost it's mysteriousness.

Still I hold out hopes the game might be good as a Bounty hunter or a Sith.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Seems like random bile being thrown about the place.

Even EA would baulk at passing 100m for one project and given most of the voice work was done for 1 hour @ 250 sessions, they could get a hell of a lot of voice work done for even a million.

One of my sibalings did voice work for it, which is how i know how much they were paying for the majority of it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish View Post
Just a little bit of back information... BioWare, and TOR are owned by Electronic Arts. EA pulls the strings... some some fuel for the fir.. I mean some back information.

* noms on popcorn *
Information is information, what I read back in the day about SWTOR and how BioWare is developing it, was something like: "...When a designer comes to me with an idea, I ask him... 'and Darth Vader does what?' and if the designer laughs, that piece of content won't fly..." That, and other tidbits, were enough evidence for me to realize that BioWare will attempt to dedicate all their previously accumulated knowledge and experience and funnel it into developing SWTOR, just like they did with their other excellent titles. For me, that's enough, just as I wanted Cryptic to use their existing engines to create STO once I heard Perpetual was out.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
Seems like random bile being thrown about the place.

Even EA would baulk at passing 100m for one project and given most of the voice work was done for 1 hour @ 250 sessions, they could get a hell of a lot of voice work done for even a million.

One of my sibalings did voice work for it, which is how i know how much they were paying for the majority of it.
I'm fairly certain that SAG actors get more than that. You get paid per day of work - not by the hour, if I recall. Also, the game (and all storylines) are fully voiced. It'd be fairly easy to rack up large amounts of spending.

There are a number of reasons TOR is so incredibly expensive, audio is but one of them.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
SNIP.
*puts down popcorn *

Oh I understand what you are saying. As I said I'm just adding fuel to the fire.

* picks up popcorn and starts eating again. *
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Honestly, I think TOR really hasn't attracted my interest.

It looks like a very entertaining game but not something I'd pay 15/month + box prices to play. I'd like to know what the post launch development plans are and how that development cost can be recouped.
I'm on the same page.

I'm sure I'll pick it up sometime to try it out, as I'm a Star Wars & Bioware fan. But, I'm not expecting much in terms of sustained online play that warrants a subscription fee. Literally all I've seen from this game is VERY single player oriented. Sure, they've shown a couple characters working together on a mission or two, but nothing has even come close to displaying what makes this game massively multiplayer.

Who knows, maybe their saving that all for the last minute shocker in marketing the title.

Either way, I'm sure I'll try it out sometime, as I said. I'm expecting a great story campaign, but not much else.

We shall see, I suppose...
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
*puts down popcorn *

Oh I understand what you are saying. As I said I'm just adding fuel to the fire.

* picks up popcorn and starts eating again. *
nooooo you just picked up the fuel

*zodi bursts into flames*