poor poor Warhammer.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
nooooo you just picked up the fuel

*zodi bursts into flames*
*After a few minutes of yelling and screaming Zodi Stands up but everyone is looking at his FACE *

WHAT?
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish View Post
*puts down popcorn *

Oh I understand what you are saying. As I said I'm just adding fuel to the fire.

* picks up popcorn and starts eating again. *
Well, pass on the popcorn then!
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasherman View Post
Now, I'm not saying TOR will "kill" STO, now am I aware of anyone else saying it either. Not that I'm saying nobody has ever said it, I just don't read every forum post on this site, or even in Ten Forward. However, a disgruntled (soon to be) former employee talking smack about his (soon to be) former employers? That's par for the course, especially with EA.

Full voiceover work in an MMO is something to be proud of. It hasn't been done before, and I congratulate Bioware for attempting it. As for George Lucas thinking it's a joke and is panicking about how people will view it...he didn't really seem to care when Episode One was released, or about roughly 50% of Episode Two. Now they were jokes, but you know what? People still paid money to see them. Chances are that the people who hated them still bought the DVDs.

How many lifetime subscribers will there be for TOR? I know I'm going to be one of them - I'll pay the obscenely large amount of cash, and break my "no Lifetime" rule for that game, because of one thing - it's Bioware. Not because it's Star Wars (and I'm a huge Star Wars nerd) but because I've never been let down...EVER...by a Bioware game. I'm not putting my faith and/or trust in EA, but in Bioware, the guys MAKING the game, instead of the people publishing it.
+1

EA has absolutely no part in TOR's development, despite Bioware being under their wing. Sounds more to me like a ****ed off, soon-to-be former employee spewing hate.

The more I've seen, the more I've moved away from the "ZOMG TOR'S GONNA PWN WOW!!!1!!1!!!!" view. Will TOR be good? So far that appears to be a "yes". I believe it'll probably break 1 million subs even. I'm with Flasherman, I've never played a "bad" Bioware game. DragonAge wasn't my cup of tea, and Mass Effect 2 didn't capture me like the first one did, but I wouldn't say either one was "bad". That is why I'm confidant TOR will be good.

That and, as I said, EA is not involved in TOR.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSNighthawk
+1

EA has absolutely no part in TOR's development, despite Bioware being under their wing. Sounds more to me like a ****ed off, soon-to-be former employee spewing hate.

That and, as I said, EA is not involved in TOR.
Except EA does have a weighty part in it (budgets, release date control, continue capital investment post-launch, etc.) and former Mythic and SOE team members are also on the TOR development team - but aside from that: you're correct.

Also, parts of the game were made at the Mythic side of the Bioware-Mythic development arm of EA.

(and some will, no doubt, be temp loaned from Mythic just as Cryptic employees were for STO's launch)
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-13-2010, 04:27 PM
So, here's an ART department guy who got fired (probably for office gossip) whining about code (that he doesn't understand) for a game that was coded great anyway, and blaming it on office politics. WAR didn't die because the code sucked, WAR died because the QA department went the exact wrong direction with a balancing pass and made everyone that didn't play a bright wizard angry enough to stop paying subscription fees, which marketing then looked at, saw that the majority of the remainder played bright wizards, and ordered another unbalancing pass, which drove everyone else away so EA could lay down an insurance claim for bail-out money instead of having to recover the losses of the release being unbalanced, the patch making it worse, and so on.

Really someone should fire the marketing people, that much is true, but I think that's true of all companies.

Regardless, I'd never trust some whiney emo art***'s opinion about gamecode in the first place. This whole rant is completely irrelevant, and the guy who wrote it should probably switch to decaff.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Well, pass on the popcorn then!
*passes Popcorn.. *

I am worried about this thread... Now if this was posted on the main forums over the weekend then would would have fireworks, But mid week in 10 forward does have me worried. Who knows I could be wrong...
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasherman View Post
Now, I'm not saying TOR will "kill" STO, now am I aware of anyone else saying it either. Not that I'm saying nobody has ever said it, I just don't read every forum post on this site, or even in Ten Forward. However, a disgruntled (soon to be) former employee talking smack about his (soon to be) former employers? That's par for the course, especially with EA.

Full voiceover work in an MMO is something to be proud of. It hasn't been done before, and I congratulate Bioware for attempting it. As for George Lucas thinking it's a joke and is panicking about how people will view it...he didn't really seem to care when Episode One was released, or about roughly 50% of Episode Two. Now they were jokes, but you know what? People still paid money to see them. Chances are that the people who hated them still bought the DVDs.

How many lifetime subscribers will there be for TOR? I know I'm going to be one of them - I'll pay the obscenely large amount of cash, and break my "no Lifetime" rule for that game, because of one thing - it's Bioware. Not because it's Star Wars (and I'm a huge Star Wars nerd) but because I've never been let down...EVER...by a Bioware game. I'm not putting my faith and/or trust in EA, but in Bioware, the guys MAKING the game, instead of the people publishing it.
If you've never been let down by a Bioware game, then you've never played the Baldur's Gate console games, the Neverwinter Nights series, the KOTOR series, and the numerous other Bioware projects that were complete and utter garbage before Mass Effect came along and made everyone forget how bad Bioware is at making games.

Basically, excepting Mass Effect, the last time Bioware churned out a game that wasn't a huge pile of crap was when they were working together with Black Isle.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdeadjedi View Post
I love Star Wars...just I can't stand the new films since Lucas went Jedi and CGI mad. It lost it's mysteriousness.
(...sigh...)

Same here. I had no plans to buy TOR as it is, and I'm rather sad that I've come to feel this way about something I used to like as much as Trek. The old man really screwed the pooch as far as building upon and expanding his "baby" that was Star Wars. Guess I kinda saw that coming when we 1st got Ewoks...

..yub yub.

Lt. Commander
# 30
10-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus_Prime View Post
Same here. I had no plans to buy TOR as it is, and I'm rather sad that I've come to feel this way about something I used to like as much as Trek. The old man really screwed the pooch as far as building upon and expanding his "baby" that was Star Wars. Guess I kinda saw that coming when we 1st got Ewoks...
Let me guess, you were one of those people that caused Episode 1 to be one of the highest grossing films ever?

Also, I called it when the Ewoks got their own spin-off. It's too bad George didn't take a darker, more cerebral approach like his first feature: THX-1138.