Lt. Commander
# 1 Celebration - STO Day
10-13-2010, 03:22 PM
I haven't really played many other MMOs, but would cryptic every create a celebration day? Perhaps marking the anniversary of the release of the game.

I realize that not everyone celebrates christmas, and not everyone is american, so that gets thanksgiving as well. However, we can all share a celebration of the anniversary (for instance) of the game, in some way, perhaps with a special reward and different NPC dialog. It could be 'Federation Day' for feds and 'Oppression Day' for the klinks. :p

It would be really nice to have a STO day some time in the year. Not sure if it is a 'done' thing, but I'm just putting in a suggestion.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Sounds gd to me. An STO Day when the game when live sounds fun
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-13-2010, 04:23 PM
the only day I am concerned about and want cryptic to bring to STO is "Captain Picard Day'
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-13-2010, 04:27 PM
I just want events. I understand the end of beta Borg invasion didn't really work out, but that doesn't mean you can't try other things devs. Be creative! but for me events are some of the most fun I have in MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Events are definitely something we'd like to do further down the road as well. In a way, we are doing a Halloween Event with the Devidian Series.

However, what we here most often is that you, the players, just want more content for STO period. So, from our point of view, right now, it makes more sense to focus on making permanent additions to Star Trek Online rather than a one to two week long holiday event.

Once you, and our team here, all feel that we have enough content in the core game, then we'll certainly revisit the idea of creating some holiday events.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Why not do both in one? Make permenant additions that add worthwhile, lasting content, but have it made in such a way that brings a double meaning for the holidays, and comes out at the right time?
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-13-2010, 06:32 PM
well, i know city of heros does an anniversary week in which when you log on during said week, you basically get a badge that says you were online during the first anniversary. i could see them doing something similar with STO.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
However, what we here most often is that you, the players, just want more content for STO period. So, from our point of view, right now, it makes more sense to focus on making permanent additions to Star Trek Online rather than a one to two week long holiday event.
There goes my dream of being able to play a full Borg Drone, going around ESD assimilating other players who are then turned into full drones. And then having massive space battles in our own Borg cubes all over the place.

Maybe next halloween??
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Richardson View Post
Why not do both in one? Make permenant additions that add worthwhile, lasting content, but have it made in such a way that brings a double meaning for the holidays, and comes out at the right time?
So long as we're not decorating Christmas trees in ESD. Starfleet tends to be post-religious, aside from DS9's space savior (*cough Dune ripoff*) shenanigans.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
So long as we're not decorating Christmas trees in ESD. Starfleet tends to be post-religious, aside from DS9's space savior (*cough Dune ripoff*) shenanigans.
Christmas is hardly religious at this point. But, it's mostly a commercial thing which wouldn't exactly be Starfleet either.