Lt. Commander
Title kinda says it all...I'd like to see interiors for runabouts and [eventually] the Captain's yacht. No real reason other than it would be kind of cool.
Ad on a not-entirely-unrelated note, I also think the conference room used in first contact missions should be accessible when roaming the interior of your ship [bridge conference room maybe?]
Just some thoughts...
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-13-2010, 07:20 PM
On a related note, why can i equip a danube runabout from ds9 - when the ship interiors for it are bigger than a cargo bay that could fit dozens of them?

Was anyone testing this and stopped to think that interiors hooked up to a Danube looks silly?
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CognitiveDissident View Post
Ad on a not-entirely-unrelated note, I also think the conference room used in first contact missions should be accessible when roaming the interior of your ship [bridge conference room maybe?
I'm a bit baffled as to why the observation lounge isn't included with the player starship interior maps. We've always been told that the big hangup on getting these rooms was the fact that they needed to have a "mission use" to justify the time spent creating them. Well, this room was created for and is being used in missions, it's part of the starship.. why don't one of the doors on my bridge lead to it (much like my ready room)?

A bridge leading to my ready room, observation lounge, and turbo lift.. I'm pretty set at that point. Make it so! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
On a related note, why can i equip a danube runabout from ds9 - when the ship interiors for it are bigger than a cargo bay that could fit dozens of them?

Was anyone testing this and stopped to think that interiors hooked up to a Danube looks silly?
On that note, I'm also surprised cargo bays and shuttle bays weren't included with our starship interiors. I've seen the art for them several times in missions, so why not flesh out our ships with those locations?
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combadge
On that note, I'm also surprised cargo bays and shutte bays weren't included with our starship interiors. I've seen the art for them several times in missions, so why flesh out our ships with those locations?
Maybe because it would be ironic if the Danube runabout from DS9 had a shuttlebay?
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-13-2010, 11:02 PM
No, no, I meant shuttlebays interiors added to our starships (of the non-shuttle variety) :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Would LOVE interiors for the Danube, if they were accurately sized. I like to bum around Sol System in mine a lot, exploring the insides of it would be nifty.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-14-2010, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor

I never bothered to check, but i was afraid that might be the case. They should fix that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-14-2010, 04:11 AM
Last I checked you couldn't enter the interior if you were flying a runabout, the visit bridge option is greyed out. Admittedly this was a few patches ago.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-14-2010, 04:18 AM
When requesting an interior for Runabouts keep in mind that in cryptic's case the cockpit area of that ship alone would have the size of an entire hangar bay spaceous enough to hold multiple Runabouts.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-14-2010, 05:48 AM
I think the place for runabout interiors is a fixed camera cinematic mode, say, for viewing ships or as a special travel mechanic.