Lt. Commander
# 11
10-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzz View Post

Do you think they are doing a good job???
Under Dstahl Yes... they are doing a good job now... look at the last weekly episodes, and go play the new missions... that are a lot better the the mission designed before the game was released.

Quote:

Do you think thie game is going to be fixed?
Yes weekly episodes, changes to powers that are for the better. they are also doing bug fixes.

Quote:

You do know its going down the same road as DDO?
Yes and no.. DDO was dieing, but going free to play saved it... it did so well the turbine wanted to do the same thing with Lord of the Rings... Going to free to play in a hybrid model would not necessarily be a bad thing... free to play is really the future of MMOs...

As for what you wrote.. you bring up valid points, but you are to blunt about it... if I were you I would tone it down.. Calling them idiots, and monkeys is not going to get your point across... not to anyone on the forums, nor to anyone in cryptic... in fact they are more likely to ignore you if you are rude... added to that using words like that does not show signs of intelligence... why should I care what someone has to say if they are insulting and rude...

moral of the story.. you will get more out of your post if your respectful.. other wise you will get disrespect...
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-16-2010, 11:45 AM
free to play is awesome way to go for any mmo.people wont give money to play they will donate for some unique ship skin or some other feature.more player you have more money companie earn and they will have
need to increase server capacity and game will gain huge amount of popularity as well.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaw View Post
Well at least it was not a wall of text. Maybe his computers skills are as good as his constructive criticism skills. It would be terrible for his hard drive to fail would it not? He needs to make sure he kicks the computer really hard a few times while uninstalling. That way STO will be totally removed and he can get out some of that pent up aggression.
hahaha this one made me laugh pretty hard
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Funny how you guys bash me like what i said isnt true........

Hey life time membership guys how r you going to feel when the game goes free to play in 3 months????LOL make fun of that lol

How do you game lovers feel about cryptic selling the best ships on the cstore???? They said that selling Items like that would never happen pre launch.....

Im bashing the Devs for their game design, and your defending them... Do you think they are doing a good job??? Do you think thie game is going to be fixed? You do know its going down the same road as DDO?

The Devs refuse to fix the most basic of problems.

I forgot one thing to rant about in the first post..

crafting-- lmao lol lol Now this was designd by a monkey.
cool story bro. also the Galaxy-X is a piece of ****, that's the only outrageously priced ship on the CSTore. Anything else, you get what you pay for. and really, unless you're in high school, you should be able to afford a ship from the CStore.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Funny how you guys bash me like what i said isnt true........
Life is about perspectives. I dislike asparagus. You like asparagus. Which one of us is right when discussing asparagus on the Veggie Forum?

Subjective option doesn't make something true for everyone. It only makes it true for you. No game can be liked by everyone. If that were true we'd all be playing WoW right now rather then playing one of the dozens of other MMOs out there. STO's just not the game for you. There's nothing wrong with that. Just go out there and find a game you'll enjoy playing and makes you happy. That's why we have free will after all.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Subjective option doesn't make something true for everyone. It only makes it true for you. No game can be liked by everyone. If that were true we'd all be playing WoW right now rather then playing one of the dozens of other MMOs out there. STO's just not the game for you. There's nothing wrong with that. Just go out there and find a game you'll enjoy playing and makes you happy. That's why we have free will after all.[/quote]

nice said
Lt. Commander
# 17 Dstahl
10-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Dstahl is doing a great job problem is he fixing a lemon. The guy before him did everything wrong. This why so much of every patch are fixes. CBS/Cryptic/Atari did just about everything wrong from CBS deadline to Cryptic singing such a dumb contract to Atari just being greedy with the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Dstahl is doing a great job problem is he fixing a lemon. The guy before him did everything wrong. This why so much of every patch are fixes. CBS/Cryptic/Atari did just about everything wrong from CBS deadline to Cryptic singing such a dumb contract to Atari just being greedy with the C-store.
this is the crux of the problem. Atari pressured Cryptic to get the game out there quickly with a nice looking money bonus if they did. Speaking as someone who is just starting to look at the job market, I know that if my bosses put that kind of incentive in front of me, I would make sure whatever I did was done as quickly as possible.

it's going to be a long journey getting this game to state where going Ensign to VA is entirely enjoyable (not to mention working on the Klingon side), but I'm confident we're headed in the right direction.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingingMars View Post
this is the crux of the problem. Atari pressured Cryptic to get the game out there quickly with a nice looking money bonus if they did.
Actually, if you read the contract you'll see that Cryptic's bonus is for meeting/exceeding subscription projections over a year, both for CO and for STO. There's was bonus for getting the game out quickly.

I'd imagine STO was launched when it was for the same reason that Cryptic was sold to Atari: they were running out of production money and needed to launch.

There's also talk that the game had to be launched by a certain date to fulfill the contractual agreements Perpetual made to CBS. That is a possibility but since no one's ever seen the contracts, and no person in authority has ever spoken of it, there's no way of confirming that.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Hey life time membership guys how r you going to feel when the game goes free to play in 3 months????LOL make fun of that lol
LOL, I'll feel fine, lol. IF they do go F2P, LOL, they'll give (lol) me a crapload of perks and exclusive items, LOL, if they follow the model, lol, of previous games that have done that. LOL.

LOL