Lt. Commander
# 21
10-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0901
LOL, I'll feel fine, lol. IF they do go F2P, LOL, they'll give (lol) me a crapload of perks and exclusive items, LOL, if they follow the model, lol, of previous games that have done that. LOL.
Actually they'll most likely follow the recent hybrid model used by LotRO where LTS members will have access to full content while free members will only have access to limited content. I'd imagine it will work something like this:

LTS members: Full access to the game, pay no additional subscription fee, still use the c-store for some items.

Subscription members: Full access to the game, still use the c-store for some items.

F2P members: Limited access to the game: 1 Federation character, no Klingon content, 5 ship slots. No exploration missions, no DSEs, no Diplomacy, no access to weeklies, very limited Federation races for characters and BOs. Must use the c-store to gain access to additional character slots, additional ship slots, expanded races, expanded BOs, access to Exploration mission, access to Patrols, access to weeklies, access to Klingon faction, and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Quote:
LOL, I'll feel fine, lol. IF they do go F2P, LOL, they'll give (lol) me a crapload of perks and exclusive items, LOL, if they follow the model, lol, of previous games that have done that. LOL.

LOL

lol all lof the "perks" you get i will be able to buy on the cstore for 3-5 bucks lol.. how much did you spend on your life time again? lol Your right you made a good investment in this game lol

lol
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-17-2010, 12:12 AM
hmmm...

although the OP chose an obviously aggrevated and fed-up approach to voice his opinions, not one person here has refuted his original points.
all they say is "wait, be patient... or stop playing"

i think this sums up the classic pro-fed-only attitude that drives many potential customers away.
they are so scared that if cryptic adds content in any other direction other then Fed PVE and bonus cotent then the small majority will fall away as the STO subculture minorities have.

the original problem is this:

CBS and Atari looked at STO as an oportunity to use one of the largest and fanatical customer bases as a one time cash cow rip off!!!

they spent a little money on TV promotion and got several thousand players to blow 60 bucks on an unfinished game.
then they tasked cryptic to put in minimum effort to keep as many players hooked as possible.

thats the bottum line here.
when players bother the OP and others like him with "why do you still play" the answer is as i have said before... because he is a TREKKIE

trekkies play this game because they are trekkies.
they are very dissappointed and feel ripped off... but no other game out there has MMO pew pew with phasers, photons, hot orion girls and nerdy vulcans.

that being said:

Dan Stahl and the present staff are trying their best to keep the game alive with MINIMUM staff.

cryptic has a very small team working on STO and champs because 80% of their resources are being used to create their new MMO (i forget the name of it atm)

BUT...

since Mr Stahl has taken over there have been many positive strides.
and his goals are very ambitious.

is that enough?
i am not sure.

but many are looking forward to foundry, as am i, and have been suggesting it, along with other players, for quite some time.

the serials are a good idea as they are tangible weekly progress that keeps most coming back for more. even if they are not forth of july fireworks... at least it's something, and it's weekly.
and the Foundry will change the way MMO's are going to be designed from now on IF it goes according to plan.
STO, for better or worse, will be known as the first MMO ever where the players got to make their own game. i look forward to that, and will hang on until it comes out (december)

personally i agree that balance in PvP is borked, and can be fixed fairly easily if it wasnt for the bias of fed cruiser fans, and the lazy excuse of "if we change it now we have to reinvent the whole system"

the economy is a joke... but it IS nice to be able to buy whatever you want whenever you want because every one has 4-40 million credits to blow on anything imaginable.

as many of you know... the lack of klingon content and the lack of the PROMISED FOUR FACTIONS drives me totally bonkers and is a source of endless spam on the forums from yours truly. (KLINGON CONTENT NOW?)

but unlike Stahls predassessor... at least he's attempting to do something about it.

Games like WoW and planetside started huge... and GREW for years after release.

this game has that kind of potential... but its treading on thin ice. it didnt start out as big as WoW and PS... and has lost many customers along the way...
it may be a case of too little too late.

Stahl has promised new sector space, new PvP content and redesign, klingon content and free sector access, more prizes, more serials, free beer and wings, free ponies... and more of everything.

and boy do we want it... but it sounds like a lot for a hand full of programmers and designers to deliver.

i think Mr Stahl is going all-in on foundry, hoping to inject life back into the game.
and then buy himself and his staff time to make good on all the promises he has made.

i hope he's right. if done correctly, foundry will be AMAZING for PvP fleet action addicts, RPers, PvE-ers full time and part time players alike...

it has the potential to change the face of MMO games...

but only if it works... and only if it comes out on time... before his player base gets bored and moves on.

i am willing to wait for foundry...
but it better be everything its cracked up to be...

your friend,
the Angry Klingon

P.S. Klingon content NOW!!!

P.P.S. my BoP's Pivoting wings bring EVERLASTING DEATH to the enemies of the Empire!
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-17-2010, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzz View Post
lol all lof the "perks" you get i will be able to buy on the cstore for 3-5 bucks lol.. how much did you spend on your life time again? lol Your right you made a good investment in this game lol

lol
Well Cosmic summed it up better than I did, and this is all based on assumption anyways so....

....even more contagious lol.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-17-2010, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rek View Post
hmmm...

although the OP chose an obviously aggrevated and fed-up approach to voice his opinions, not one person here has refuted his original points.
Snip
What was there worth refuting? The not wanting to fail missions? The stupidity of using a hypospray? Or the we know everything he says is 100% True?

So the majority of players want "I win all the time" missions and don't want to do imersive stuff like loading a hypospray? Also, I may have read the forums wrong, but it appeared to me that the weekly episodes are well liked and very popular.

FWIW, I do agree on one of his points in regards to the rank system.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-17-2010, 05:56 AM
The new MMO Cryptic is working on is Neverwinter. But yes STO is here and it isn't going anywhere. C-Store is working rather well and there's weekly content. I too wish the KDF was more fleshed out and there's more endgame STF missions but that'll come in time. Rome wasn't build in a year either you see.

Besides, I see STO as a casual game. I can see why it doesn't appeal much to the hardcore people that play games nearly 24/7. I don't have a lot of spare time anymore either and I got to say, playing it on a casual basis does provide more gameplay experience for me.

All in all, STO is a good MMO, it's not great, not bad just good. And after the UGC it should be great
Lt. Commander
# 27 Oh well
10-17-2010, 08:26 AM
You want to know whats a bad game?Most free online games are terrible games both graphics wise and gameplay.Most free FPS games suck with all kinds of ads attached to their games.Nevermind the hacks that go along with those free FPS type games.After checking out the waters with free MMOs and other FPS type games ill takeCryptics STO, Turbine's LOTRO ,heck even Blizzards WoW,or Funcoms *** over any of those "free" games any day.Make no mistake, North American made games are far superior to most games with very few exceptions.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
What was there worth refuting? The not wanting to fail missions? The stupidity of using a hypospray? Or the we know everything he says is 100% True?
Play pretend with the OP. Besides, canít you see his problem is clearly because of the lack of Klingon content and the only reason you are not giving him respect is because you are pro-fed and afraid they will add more Klingon content?
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-17-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzz View Post
First its a bad game. Just total trash.

Whos wants to spend time working on a raid in a worthless game? I dont.

Pvp is fun for 5 mins. Then its the same ole same ole. Nerf nerf nerf buff buff buff then you release a ship we have to buy,and buff the hell out of it. Has anyone making this game played kling vs fed pvp? i dont think so. I bet they have fun in fed vs fed pvp lol.

OMG the weekly quests lmao. Did crypic let monkeys program the missions.. Who the hell wantsa mission that you can fail????? lol. what a bad idea lol... If the game was halfway good then sure you can pull something like that.... Cryptic its not fun to pretend like we are loading a hypospray. stupid.

Ships and ranking lmao.... whats the next rank "super duper vice admiral 1" You people blew yourchance on that.
Why cant i use a akira at t5???? OOO yea because you killed the game. Just ruined it. I WANT ALL MY SHIPS AT T5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How come i cant go into a low lvl fleet action and kill stuff like crazy???? You guys dont have the know how to not give high lvl people the awards??? so you just stop us from doing it??????? idiots

How about that pvp gear that you can only get from lvl 41-46?? k7 thats the best gear in the game , your crappy badges( lol best idea for a name huh badges") Im going to do 100 dailys and get some 4000 max resiliant shields arrays lol bull crap....... Does anyone use anything besides covariant?????

Who the hell needs energy credits???????????????????? LMAO

Hey Devs answer this............. Whats the points to the game???? What do you do in the game???

Heres the answer.....

No point to the game. "fly" around and do weak crappy missions only one a week tho... well oncea week every once in a while.

Everything i said is 100% true you will prolly delete this but read it because you game sucks and its getting very empty.

Im still paying because im hoping for the best
Well hey, lucky for you Cataclysm releases on 12/7/10 - and you can then go back and get of the old tired 'Raid/Grearscore' treadmill with the rest of the BNet kiddies. Thanks for giving STO a try.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-17-2010, 01:45 PM
In before the 404.