Lt. Commander
# 1 Feature Request
10-15-2010, 09:37 AM
How do we make a feature request?

thx
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-15-2010, 09:39 AM
You post the request in the discussion section of the forum and see what type so feedback you get about it from the community, and occasionally a dev.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
You post the request in the discussion section of the forum and see what type so feedback you get about it from the community, and occasionally a dev.
I have a feature request for the minimap. I would like the icon or indicator to stay pointing staight while the map rotates.

thx
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTrekMan
I have a feature request for the minimap. I would like the icon or indicator to stay pointing staight while the map rotates.

thx
Huh? The map is rotating? And what icon?
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Huh? The map is rotating? And what icon?
On the minimap there is the triangle icon of our ship. He is requesting that the icon stay stationary while the map rotate. The way it is right now, the map is stationary and the ship icon rotates.

Honestly I like it the way it is now. It makes it easy to read the maps.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
On the minimap there is the triangle icon of our ship. He is requesting that the icon stay stationary while the map rotate. The way it is right now, the map is stationary and the ship icon rotates.

Honestly I like it the way it is now. It makes it easy to read the maps.
I agree. Having the map rotate would make it confusing (especially for new players) when you're trying to figure out which direction you have to go to get to the Sector Block you need to go to.

My Suggestion for a better mini map design is in my sig.

I just want to be able to tell a Fleet action from a mission from a completed mission from a starbase. Right now all of the planetary icons are just a jumble of sybols that don't seem to have any significance whatsoever.