Lt. Commander
# 31 lol
10-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlot
Has there been a test case where a ship had it's attributes changed after release that caused uproar in the player-base? Is this a repeat of an old issue? Or is this the test case?
speaking from being a beta tester and starting from the beginning yes there has. Actualy all the ships have been tweaked in some form or another due to out cry and alot of player anger. even some "powers where nuffed to bring balance or i think to calm alot of noob nerves.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Lt. Commander
# 33 lol
10-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlot
Ok, the Nebula is obviously NOT a front-line ship. What about a support role of following the main ships and transfering shield strength, and laying mines, and other science-based attacks? Not every ship was designed for the front line. Personaly I would be happy with a support role in FVF(fleet vs fleet), honestly after 20 years of computer combat I am ready for something different. Instead of forcing STO to make this ship a front-line ship, can we please first try to find a support role for the ship?
that would be cool and fine if you actually had fleet on fleet battles or role plays. this company does not support guilds or fleet like other MMO's. this company does not really have plans for supporting fleets at this moment. while a support role would be cool this is not eve online and thus far fleets have no reason to fight each other. This is because STO is not made to support fleets. Its not even made to do role play for a full aspect. alot of everything in the game is not complete. go figure.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Probably off topic here from whatever y'all are on about. Wanted to say, though, how happy I am that the Nebula has a universal BO slot. Mission Pod = Universal Slot, imo.

*shrug*

Carry on.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedensuscg View Post
the truth is, the model builders screwed up, and some bull crap story was made up to cover for them.
This is sadly true of a lot of things in Star Trek. The writers/modelers were surprisingly sloppy at maintaining any sort of consistency. This has resulted in a lot of "canon" being pure nonsense, but rather than just accepting that things are a mess, some hard core fans then try to come up with hard rules to explain things.

This is how you get arguments about the Galaxy class being more powerful than the Sovereign, even though it obviously was not intended. I mean, they couldn't even keep track of the number of decks on the Sovereign class throughout the course of one movie! It's pretty obvious the show writers and special effects people didn't keep a running count of how many photon torpedoes were fired from various ships at various times, etc.

The fact is the ST series handled the technical capabilities of ships very loosely and haphazardly. Such a lackluster effort on the part of the writers don't deserve the extremely precise adherence that some fans attempt to apply.
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Since I don't go into PVP much if at all (got to be really bored to want to slug it out with other players... :p), all my experiences with the Tier 5 Nebula is the normal star cluster missions and with all my specs geared towards cruisers I got to say the Nebular holds up rather well. Granted only six weapon slots means for me I can't load up the weapons I've had on my other ships, but four slot science station comes in handy. Now if only there were better options for the warp nacelles then I'd be a total happy camper
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-04-2010, 04:12 PM
I bought this ship and the caption says it's good for all toons with the RA rank. Well I have two toons that are RA more like VA, and my second toon it says I have to buy it again. I'm sorry but I'm not buying it again.
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT_Pierce
I bought this ship and the caption says it's good for all toons with the RA rank. Well I have two toons that are RA more like VA, and my second toon it says I have to buy it again. I'm sorry but I'm not buying it again.
once you buy it, to claim it on other characters you have to go to the shipyard and claim it.
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-04-2010, 08:29 PM
it's not there trust me
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-05-2010, 11:12 AM
I stand corrected, you were right. My bad. Thank you.