Lt. Commander
# 1 Suggestion : Race change token
10-16-2010, 04:02 AM
Well as it says, with so many playable races coming, or atleast i just noticed them would be nice to have such a token.
Also i noticed if you lifetime sub, you could play as borg character, another reason to add such a token (and hey, one more lifetime sub !)

Dont really have a strong case for this, but its just my two cents.

-Azarrj
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-16-2010, 04:21 AM
I doubt that they will ever allow a race change - but they tend to buckle under pressure from the player so ... maybe . Not realy something I support myself, but I can understand why people would want this. But ... I played as a human for a few months before I purchased a lifetime subscription. It would have been nice to convert it to a liberated Borg

A gender change may be easier to impliment ... ooo-la-la
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-16-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azarrj2
Well as it says, with so many playable races coming, or atleast i just noticed them would be nice to have such a token.
Also i noticed if you lifetime sub, you could play as borg character, another reason to add such a token (and hey, one more lifetime sub !)

Dont really have a strong case for this, but its just my two cents.

-Azarrj
Too unrealistic for most races. I couldn't explain my Caitian suddenly becoming a Ferengi. To get a borg character I just created an alt.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-16-2010, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
Too unrealistic for most races. I couldn't explain my Caitian suddenly becoming a Ferengi. To get a borg character I just created an alt.
But not everyone RP's or looks for reason for such things..
Edit: Or play as much to have time to level another RA/VA.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-16-2010, 04:46 AM
If this would allow my Trill to become a Joined Trill - Sign me up!
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-16-2010, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony-Jade View Post
If this would allow my Trill to become a Joined Trill - Sign me up!
@Galax, and it would be explainable
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azarrj2
@Galax, and it would be explainable
Hence why it says in my text above "MOST RACES". I would be ok with Human to Liberated Borg Human conversion for example.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-16-2010, 09:06 AM
The only downside to this would be everyone respecing to Alien to Min/Max the space power skills.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
Hence why it says in my text above "MOST RACES". I would be ok with Human to Liberated Borg Human conversion for example.
Borgs have assimilated hundreds of races.. you cant say youd be "ok" with human only.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
The only downside to this would be everyone respecing to Alien to Min/Max the space power skills.
Which is why they need to adjust against that first.

Personally, I think before they consider race changes, there should be race specific costume pieces for all core races (similar to what some of the KDF races have now) which aliens don't have...

... and any racially required traits (ie. the ones you can't uncheck) should be upgraded to be 10% better than the versions other races or Aliens can get so that if you want those traits, you'll roll that race.

I'd probably also look at giving each race a signature ground ability and a signature space ability, with aliens getting a generic but decent one and core races getting flashier, recognizable ones.