Lt. Commander
# 101
10-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Folks, please remember that these are the Star Trek Online Forums. Not some other games forums. We ask that you keep your conversations on topic, and about STO here.

To the OP, I'm sorry you feel this way. I personally feel there are plenty of things to do in STO at max level.
  • Run some STFs with your friends.
  • PvP
  • If you haven't already, make and level a Klingon.
  • Dailies
  • Weekly Episodes
  • Bridge Officer Training
  • Game the Exchange

Plus, more things are being added all the time!

I understand the plight of the hardcore gamer. I used to be one. Simple fact however, it is impossible for us as developer to keep up with the rate at which you the players will devour new content.

We can spend months making one good quality STF. Someone in this community will have defeated and have it on "farm status" in less than a week. Then they'll ask for more.

We're making and releasing new content as quickly as we can. Just hang in there, and things will continue to get better.

Thanks,

Stormshade
This post makes me think they dont even want to try
"We can spend months making one good quality STF (but you wont?)

They told the klingons "Deal with it your pvp"
Now they should tell anyone who wants a end game in sto this "Sorry casual only, planned from the start"
The c-store "LOL why give for free what everyone tells us they are happy to pay 4"
Cryptic to the player base "You made your bed now sleep in it"
Lt. Commander
# 102
10-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Folks, please remember that these are the Star Trek Online Forums. Not some other games forums. We ask that you keep your conversations on topic, and about STO here.

To the OP, I'm sorry you feel this way. I personally feel there are plenty of things to do in STO at max level.
  • Run some STFs with your friends.
  • PvP
  • If you haven't already, make and level a Klingon.
  • Dailies
  • Weekly Episodes
  • Bridge Officer Training
  • Game the Exchange

Plus, more things are being added all the time!

I understand the plight of the hardcore gamer. I used to be one. Simple fact however, it is impossible for us as developer to keep up with the rate at which you the players will devour new content.

We can spend months making one good quality STF. Someone in this community will have defeated and have it on "farm status" in less than a week. Then they'll ask for more.

We're making and releasing new content as quickly as we can. Just hang in there, and things will continue to get better.

Thanks,

Stormshade
I'll be honest with you here, most of this sounds like a troll at best, or a really bad joke at worst.
  • Run some STFs with your friends. - Good luck finding enough people that want to play these buggy messes.
  • PvP - Sit around for 15-30 minutes, or even longer just to get into one match? Joy.
  • If you haven't already, make and level a Klingon - In the state they're in? hahahahahahahaha No
  • Dailies - Very boring unimaginative missions over and over? Oh boy, hold me back.
  • Weekly Episodes - All of which are not repeatable short of alts, and take 30 minutes to an hour at best.
  • Bridge Officer Training - How is this end game content? Doesn't matter what my BO skills are if there's nothing to do.
  • Game the Exchange - What?
Lt. Commander
# 103
10-16-2010, 12:06 PM
its really amusing how many people don't understand how to "game the exchange".
Lt. Commander
# 104
10-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Oh let me try:

Gaming The Exchange:

I get some free drops from my dailies..

I go onto the vendor and see what she will give me for the items.

I go onto the Exchange and see what the lowestprice for the items are.

If they are more than the vendor will give me I post them at 10 credits less than the lowest.

I get messages in game telling me I got credits!

I get an in game mail telling me some items have expired on the Exchange.

I check my mail box and collect the expired items.

I sell them to the vender.

How's that?
Lt. Commander
# 105
10-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
Oh let me try:

Gaming The Exchange:

I get some free drops from my dailies..

I go onto the vendor and see what she will give me for the items.

I go onto the Exchange and see what the lowestprice for the items are.

If they are more than the vendor will give me I post them at 10 credits less than the lowest.

I get messages in game telling me I got credits!

I get an in game mail telling me some items have expired on the Exchange.

I check my mail box and collect the expired items.

I sell them to the vender.

How's that?
something like that. you also forgot buying up cheap stuff that has no business being cheap and selling it for a more reasonable price, but I'll cut ya some slack.
Lt. Commander
# 106
10-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingingMars View Post
its really amusing how many people don't understand how to "game the exchange".
I find it amusing you thought I didn't mean it's a joke he has to reach that far for 'stuff to do'
Lt. Commander
# 107
10-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
I find it amusing you thought I didn't mean it's a joke he has to reach that far for 'stuff to do'
reach? personally I enjoy it, the art of playing the market. maybe it's not for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 108
10-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
reach? personally I enjoy it, the art of playing the market. maybe it's not for everyone.
It's sure as heck not any sort of 'content' that the dev team should take credit for, unless they want to claim they invented commodities markets and the Greater Fool Theory.
Lt. Commander
# 109
10-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
It's sure as heck not any sort of 'content' that the dev team should take credit for, unless they want to claim they invented commodities markets and the Greater Fool Theory.
no but it's certainly something to keep people busy.
Lt. Commander
# 110
10-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
no but it's certainly something to keep people busy.
So is washing my dishes, doesn't mean I think it's fun
Closed Thread