Lt. Commander
# 31
10-15-2010, 01:30 PM
And I've pointed out to, many times now, that rushing through to do everything and have the uber-epic-awesome-charactarrrrrrr is what has made you so bored.

Relax, it's not a race. The fact that you've done everything and so now have nothing to do is your own fault.

The new weekly series starts tomorrow, can you name one other MMO that gives you more than that hour of new content, more often?

No?

Didn't think so.

And so, the following has to be brought to you by a 130lb girl who's afraid of spiders: Suck it up, and quit yer *****ing.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsrage View Post
Personally i think that is the biggest problem in STO... Not enough Sulu content...
Well the one guy retired, and his successor abandoned his post in order to set up a White Castle establishment in Amsterdam.
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp-Gun
I find it sad that everyone thinks its just ok to support a policy of "Leave the game for a few months, come back when its better". Tell you guys what if cryptic thinks its cool i and anyone else who feels like i do about the lack of content should just unsubsribe for i while then ill do it. Cryptic should we unsubsribe? am sure you guys got enough money anyways? right? am i right?

am sure there are a ton of people already on a break as it is. Cryptic you should just send these people a mail saying "Stay on your break, we at cryptic currently have enough subs that your monthly fee isnt needed. We will get back to you and everyone like you who actually demands somthing for your hard earned money as soon as we get the content out there. If you havent got a mail from us in a few months please remember the new starwars online game is just right around the corner, That mite hold more enjoyment for you as atlest a new game has all new content"
No one said you had to unsubscribe. There are lots of F2P games out there to keep you occupied if you can't afford a second subscription. Of course based on the fact that you've stated you have 2 accounts to STO affording one somewhere else doesn't seem to be a problem for you.

Beyond that making new threads about lack of content every few days doesn't make content appear any quicker. Cryptic can only produce as fast as they can produce. It's really just that simple.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
to many stuiped people in this world for wow to ever die. and new 13 year olds are arriving everyday
That is true, wow is booooring. This game is fun. But it needs some improvements. Like all games need.

Not including wow, they can't save that game. Unless they fix the whole game.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-15-2010, 01:35 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
SNIP"
sometimes a break is needed...but it is better if you are playing more then one game at a time...

the problem with this game, and any MMO is the fact that they will never be able to make enough content for speed players. no matter what they do you will run out of content...

so what should they do? the economy is bad, so money is tight. hiring more people is not that good of an option. they can keep on releasing weekly episodes. ( which is faster then any MMO that I have played.. ) they can also give the players the tools to make missions. the problem with the last two options is the fact that it takes time to make both of those. ( they can't fire the artist because they are needed to make new art for your new content. )

Maybe we should ask ourselves what we can do to help them.
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
And I've pointed out to, many times now, that rushing through to do everything and have the uber-epic-awesome-charactarrrrrrr is what has made you so bored.

Relax, it's not a race. The fact that you've done everything and so now have nothing to do is your own fault.

The new weekly series starts tomorrow, can you name one other MMO that gives you more than that hour of new content, more often?

No?

Didn't think so.

And so, the following has to be brought to you by a 130lb girl who's afraid of spiders: Suck it up, and quit yer *****ing.
I haven't rushed trough this game, and I am a VA.

I think it is positive that people are asking for more content in the game. That means that this game is popular.

Edit: spelling error
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-15-2010, 01:40 PM
taking a break can be a good thing. playing a game every single day, no matter how good can wear you down after a while. if your bored of the level of content and are getting annoyed then your going to get annoyed every single day. they wont stop making ships because players want ships.

they cant magically make more content, but they are working on lots of stuff. UGC is a big big feature that could, if its done right, increase the amount of content by a factor of 10 within a matter of weeks. its a worthwhile feature to develop. something they have been working on for months.

in the last 3 months they have added 17 story missions, a first contact mission type and 9 diplomatic missions. 3 patrol missions with multiple encounters, with another 5 story missions coming over the next 5 weeks and possible more patrols. thats hardly nothing.

they are talking about making endgame content, and new daily missions, and fleshing out klingons and many other things. it just takes times.
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moordrake View Post
All out of cake, perhaps you would settle for a jelly baby.
So is my choice "or death"? I'll have the chicken.
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompel9 View Post
Why are you so hostile? Maybe you should stop playing, because in the real world we debate. We don't attack eac other. Well, yeah some does. But those are usually criminals.
I'm all about being tolerant. If you read the OP's posting history you will understand why I am completely out of patience for him. He sours every thread, every idea, and spends more time whining than any other poster I have ever seen. That says a lot!. If there was some sort of constructive feedback, toning down of his attacks on others, or just an over all attitude change I am sure I would try even HARDER to see his point of view. There is no place on the forums for someone who is only there to spread discord.
Closed Thread