Lt. Commander
# 1 Five Things Happened Today.
10-15-2010, 12:44 PM
I played a carrier and had fun.

I completed a Klingon Fleet Action with about 5 other players with my carrier.

I got to play my favourite ship, the Nebula. (Not totally convinced its right yet but still enjoyed it)

I played several PvP matches where a dozen RSP did not go off every couple of minutes.

My bird of prey looks cool with its wings up, as did my intrepid with its nacelles.

Very pleased with the changes.

PS, the warping in animations and sounds are not quite right. They seam worse than before.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-15-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm definately having issues with warp in/out and a few other sound effects. Bugs always seem to creep in.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Last bullet in the patch notes specifically states that warp in/out are being worked on so the issues with it is known.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
PS, the warping in animations and sounds are not quite right. They seam worse than before.
Sound fx coming out of warp are borked.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-15-2010, 01:30 PM
yeah i have a feeling its slightly worse than they realised, maybe they know about it all, maybe they dont, but it does need some work either way.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
yeah i have a feeling its slightly worse than they realised, maybe they know about it all, maybe they dont, but it does need some work either way.
They mentioned it during the patch notes:
Quote:
Known Issues:
  • The warp in/warp out cutscene is being tuned, and is currently in an almost completely functional state. Please pardon our space dust while we get it working properly.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I'm definately having issues with warp in/out and a few other sound effects. Bugs always seem to creep in.
I haven't problem with the sound. But it takes longer time to play the go to warp animation.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-15-2010, 02:25 PM
We had to slightly increase the length of the warp in/warp out cutscenes to accommodate the wing animations. This change resulted in the need to adjust the audio for the cutscenes so it remains as seamless as possible. That audio pass is what we're working on now.

Sorry for the delay!
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-15-2010, 02:34 PM
I noticed that my ship no longer slowly coasted forward before leaping to warp. It just stands still at a dead stop as the the camera spins in position and suddenly - a little abruptly too - goes. So, yeah, the pacing needs some work.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
We had to slightly increase the length of the warp in/warp out cutscenes to accommodate the wing animations. This change resulted in the need to adjust the audio for the cutscenes so it remains as seamless as possible. That audio pass is what we're working on now.

Sorry for the delay!
Good to hear.