Lt. Commander
# 11
10-17-2010, 09:48 AM
No lag at all for me , perhaps before joining a pvp match turn your settings right down to be safer than sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
No lag at all for me , perhaps before joining a pvp match turn your settings right down to be safer than sorry.
Doesn't help.

Sometimes I don't see the problem with 5 carriers + spam, sometimes I get it with just mines and several photonic fleets. Being close to a large number of ships (like 20 or so) seems to be worse than looking at 40 or 50 from 10 km away.

Maybe if there were an option to not show attacks which aren't hitting me that would help. The issue doesn't start getting bad until there are beams, cannons, and torpedoes firing everywhere in addition to a dozen ships a few km from me.

It would help if mines, carrier spawns, and ships in the photonic fleet were halved in number but doubled in effectiveness, and the support fleet were just removed for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-17-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm not getting any "lag" but when you encounter carrier pre-mades with 4/5 carriers, all launching multiple waves of pets AND mines, either the game or my GPU (not sure which, i'm guessing game) simply stops rendering objects.

Can't target/shoot what you can't even see.

AWFUL mechanic, AWFUL.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificialx
I'm not getting any "lag" but when you encounter carrier pre-mades with 4/5 carriers, all launching multiple waves of pets AND mines, either the game or my GPU (not sure which, i'm guessing game) simply stops rendering objects.

Can't target/shoot what you can't even see.

AWFUL mechanic, AWFUL.
join the club. Lots of people are getting hordes of lag from all the pets, effects, and explosions being rendered.