Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Up until tonight, I've had no real issues with Server Connectivity crashes. Oh, I'd get the occasional one here and there, but nothing major.

Tonight though, I had a total of 6 or 7 crashes, which then the Launcher wouldn't come up, and for several periods tonight, I couldn't connect to the STO website either.

My Internet is working perfectly in all other aspects, as many other webpages loaded just fine. But STO's page wouldn't. I also connected to both WoW and Age of Conan to ensure it wasn't a problem on my end. No issues these. Just with STO.

I've double checked my firewall and Anti-Virus softwares. Everything looks good, and STO is on the safe connections list.

Reset my router and my modem. Also no change, still was getting disconnected.

Anyone else having these problems? It sorta just sprang up out of the blue and it has me completely baffled.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-23-2010, 05:06 AM
Yes, I have been playing STO since beta and i have had no major problems, but recently I have not been able to login, the weirdest thing is that it looks like STO is cutting me of the Internet.
I login and as its loading up my characters or map my internet gets disconnected, my router was still working, it was just my computers connection, my anti-virus software looks alright and the rest of my internet (i.e. browsing the net, watching videos) is working fine.
I'm not sure if it is related to the problem (but it might have something to do with it) but every time I start up the Launcher 74MB of data gets patched in the game, I don't know what it is but it happens every time I start it up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link8909 View Post
Yes, I have been playing STO since beta and i have had no major problems, but recently I have not been able to login, the weirdest thing is that it looks like STO is cutting me of the Internet.
I login and as its loading up my characters or map my internet gets disconnected, my router was still working, it was just my computers connection, my anti-virus software looks alright and the rest of my internet (i.e. browsing the net, watching videos) is working fine.
I'm not sure if it is related to the problem (but it might have something to do with it) but every time I start up the Launcher 74MB of data gets patched in the game, I don't know what it is but it happens every time I start it up.
Yeah, that sounds like what I was experiencing. Like it would momentarily stop my internet, then Windows 7 would repair connection, which would allow me to connect to the Internet, pretty much any website but the STO website, and STO Launcher wouldn't launch. If I rebooted, then it would connect again, but 5-10 minutes later, the same thing would happen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-24-2010, 04:49 AM
I was able to fix it, I plugged my internet router directly into my computer (originally I was wirelessly connected); apparently there was a problem with my wireless.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Can't stay connected either
10-24-2010, 05:23 AM
I've been having the same problem for the last couple of nights. I'll get disconnected every 5 or 10 minutes for a span of a couple of hours, but everything else relying on the web works, I've even tried changing to the proxy server, but the same thing happens.