Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Not sure what's going on - I'm loading an alien I created as a boff into the char creator and it loads perfectly but when I'm done with everything it says "Character Creation Failed" and did it REPEATEDLY. Lost over 30 minutes of time - anyone else experience this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-16-2010, 05:44 AM
I assume you're loading in a saved costume. That's what's breaking it.

The fix I've found is to just make a 'basic' character, run through the initial tutorial, then go to the Tailor in game and load your saved uniform/look. If you get the promotion mission that gives you the free costume change, you can do it for free. Otherwise, mail yourself something to sell for some EC from another character.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Might be the name... its very long but it fits the 30 char limit. Not sure what to do I don't want to chop the name apart. It's really annoying got the char created even with the costume when I didn't fill in any optional info but when I deleted him (because adding his name later would cost 1500 merits) it failed to make him again after I added in the name.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Try not loading any old information, create the character from scratch. There have been issues every so often with people using saved uniform settings that the character creator just doesn't like.