Lt. Commander
# 1 Massive Rubberbanding
10-16-2010, 07:13 AM
For the last day or so I've been a bar away from Lt. Commander, yay! But rubberbanding and server unavailability have prevented me from being able to finish that last mission to get me over the hump for the promotion. I logged in this morning and managed to finish up the mission, but with the same massive rubberbanding that I have been experiencing all week (last weekend there weren't any problems for me). When I went to retrieve my new ship from Earth I ended up in a lag lock where I would run around only to rubberband back to where I started. So I'm now unable to do anything.

I've checked my bandwidth, 18 Mbps up / 8 Mbps down which should be plenty. I've run the nettest script and have values of around 1,500 in columns 1 and 3 and around 50 in the middle column, which is double or triple what is deamed acceptable, so that should be fine as well.

Is this a general server issue going on or could there be something else related to my setup in particular causing such unuable server performance?

* I've cancelled my subscription pending resolution of this issue as the game is unplayable for me at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-17-2010, 10:21 PM
I tried the US proxy server setting in the launcher options and it has, at least for today, eliminated the rubber-banding.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-18-2010, 04:17 AM
Same problem in Asia for days -- "server not responding" and game unuseable despite strong connection. Proxy better at times.