Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
10-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creovex View Post
It's a simple question, and who is digging up what? This is in the engineering report. Are we getting crappy shoulder pads and a cloak or the dahlmer jacket we asked for several months ago (the one that is already ingame on NPCs)
No this is not a eng report this is a topic about a jaket that was talked about when the dam things came out the first time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
10-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
No this is not a eng report this is a topic about a jaket that was talked about when the dam things came out the first time.
What are you talking about? I don't recall you in the countless discussions about the reward. We argued for the nice coat that I link a picture to. Since it was ingame already and stuff. I think your in an expanse somewhere and not processing my posts.

Suggestion: Re-read my prior post. It asks which we are getting.... As the Eng report (just released) says shoulder pads and cloak while months ago when we argued, it was for the KLINGON DAHLMER(sorry sp) JACKET.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
10-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creovex View Post
What are you talking about? I don't recall you in the countless discussions about the reward. We argued for the nice coat that I link a picture to. Since it was ingame already and stuff. I think your in an expanse somewhere and not processing my posts.

Suggestion: Re-read my prior post. It asks which we are getting.... As the Eng report (just released) says shoulder pads and cloak while months ago when we argued, it was for the KLINGON DAHLMER(sorry sp) JACKET.
Yeah, when I saw that it was just a cloak and shoulderpads I couldn't believe it. I, along with probably all of the KDF players, thought that it would be the cool coat. Instead, we get something that few of us would probably use.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
10-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Didn't Dstahl say that when we get the jacket we better wear it...so that the development time wouldn't be for naught? I'll hazard a guess it was too difficult and time consuming to make the jacket.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
10-22-2010, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
Didn't Dstahl say that when we get the jacket we better wear it...so that the development time wouldn't be for naught? I'll hazard a guess it was too difficult and time consuming to make the jacket.
Not being an artist I don't know about that, but I do know that I will put the cloak and shoulders on my Gorn captain so I can have a space lizard with a cape.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
10-22-2010, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
Didn't Dstahl say that when we get the jacket we better wear it...so that the development time wouldn't be for naught? I'll hazard a guess it was too difficult and time consuming to make the jacket.
And since we aren't getting the jacket, I guess that means we don't have to wear it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
10-22-2010, 02:56 AM
I'm more worried about the fact that the Cloak is attached to a specific pair of shoulder pads, meaning if you think the shoulder pads they use look stupid you get no reward (and for the record I think all the cryptic designs so far in the whole game look stupid).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
10-22-2010, 03:02 AM
Matt's team usually does a great job with costumes if they are given enough time to work on them.

I'm hoping the cloak's flow animation isn't bad like the attachments to formal wear dresses.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
10-22-2010, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharn3655 View Post
I'm more worried about the fact that the Cloak is attached to a specific pair of shoulder pads, meaning if you think the shoulder pads they use look stupid you get no reward (and for the record I think all the cryptic designs so far in the whole game look stupid).
It's the same thing that feds have to live w/. Many were hoping that the 200 day reward jacket would be the one from VOY: End game aka TNG: All good things but instead we got something else. Then there were those that liked the jacket but hated the gold accents that can't be edited in any way shape or form. Personally I'm not complaining, I love the jacket and when it was released I was thrilled. I'm kind of exited to see what the devs come up w/ for the Klingon's 200 day reward. For some reason when I heard the description I pictured some sort of Viking type cape w/ fur and stuff.
I'm curious though. What is the Klingons 100 day badge? Feds got one called "Alternate Future" but I haven't seen one for Klingons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Matt's team usually does a great job with costumes if they are given enough time to work on them.

I'm hoping the cloak's flow animation isn't bad like the attachments to formal wear dresses.
I have to agree w/ u 100% here. The character and ship depts rock when given time to do their thing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
10-22-2010, 03:18 AM
Really? I have never used a single cryptic designed ship or uniform when there has been a choice (obviously before the T5 Intrepid there was no choice for science ships). It really gets me angry every time they add a new design of their own, rather than all the great designs we have seen in the series (all the TNG era Admirals uniforms were really good, as was the newer TNG movies version that Ross wore).

I don't know anything about the stages involved in designing a new uniform and getting it in game, but surely it must be quicker/easier to make one that existed in canon than design one from scratch?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:19 PM.