Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
11-26-2010, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyHawk
You said you opened 144 on each difficulty setting. I'm wondering if you earned them at those difficulty. Or did you earn them on one, and then change the difficulty before opening them? If it's the latter, that could account for the different difficulties giving approximately the same results.

Thanks!
To shed some light upon your question. There were 72 original offerings that were copied over and over (one full VA inventory). Out of that 72 samples there were ~20 exchange bought, ~20 earned on elite difficulty, the rest on normal and advanced.

My raw data consists of a spreadsheet in which I can reconstruct where and when I got each item, if your assumption was true, there should be an increased chance in rarer items in the part of my inventory where the elite offerings were stored. Which there isn't, it all spreads out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
You would've fit in well with the closed beta group
To be honest, I wasn't that interested in closed beta testing the Foundry, I'll sure take a peek or two when it becomes available on tribble and might even try to write my own little mission but the pressure of closed beta wasn't something for me this time. And thanks for the compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort1980 View Post
Dukedom, given how long it takes to collect them, that isn't 'little number dabbling' and you deserve the praise you are getting here. Very good job dude
I did not collect close to that number that would be quite impossible, as mentioned above I collected merely 72 of them and then 'abused' the copy to tribble feature. Which still was a bit of work though ,)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
11-26-2010, 06:00 AM
Well, in that case, well abused sir
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
11-26-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedom View Post
To shed some light upon your question. There were 72 original offerings that were copied over and over (one full VA inventory). Out of that 72 samples there were ~20 exchange bought, ~20 earned on elite difficulty, the rest on normal and advanced.

My raw data consists of a spreadsheet in which I can reconstruct where and when I got each item, if your assumption was true, there should be an increased chance in rarer items in the part of my inventory where the elite offerings were stored. Which there isn't, it all spreads out.
Now see that's interesting. I wonder what the testing would reveal on a lower level character?

Feel like doing a larger sample size? Like, say, 100 gathered from each difficulty level?

Kidding, kidding... sort of. It's definitely cool that you did this.


Also, I think Darren Kitlor was talking about closed beta in general, not just the Foundry.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
11-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Now see that's interesting. I wonder what the testing would reveal on a lower level character?

Feel like doing a larger sample size? Like, say, 100 gathered from each difficulty level?

Kidding, kidding... sort of. It's definitely cool that you did this.


Also, I think Darren Kitlor was talking about closed beta in general, not just the Foundry.
ah THAT closed beta? been there, done that

----

As I said my raw data doesn't support any influence on the result based on heritage.
Besides, hidden heritage influence would be such a beginner design flaw. Any hidden stat (that needs to be tracked somehow to enable such a feature) would be packet sniffed pretty fast.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
11-26-2010, 03:16 PM
The first rule of closed beta: You don't talk about closed beta.

Thanks for the informative post Dukedom, much appreciated.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
11-27-2010, 07:28 AM
Update 12/01/10: Data may no longer be valid in Season 3.


I used the tribble test weekend to pop up some more offerings. This time I looked exclusively at consoles.

I went for 600 consoles, took me 954 offerings to get it. That is still well within the established 62%. And yes I took 200 consoles from each difficulty setting.

I got 215 engineering, 138 science and 247 tactical consoles, which is higher for tacticals than assumed.

Following list presents a ranking of consoles (first one is the one who came up most often in relativity to how often the console should have appeared, last one is obviously the worst one. Percentages refer to chance in their category (i.e. 9,72% of the tac consoles were chroniton flux thingies)
  1. Chroniton Flux Regulator : 9,72% (+55,47)
  2. Halon System : 15,22% (+52,17)
  3. Plasma Infuser : 8,91% (+42,51)
  4. RCS Accelerator : 8,37% (+42,33)
  5. Injector Assembly : 7,91% (+34,42)
  6. Monotanium Alloy : 7,91% (+34,42)
  7. Diburnium Hull Plating : 7,91% (+34,42)
  8. Field Emitter : 7,91% (+34,42)
  9. Plasma Distribution Manifold : 7,91% (+34,42)
  10. Astrometric Imaging Scanner : 13,04% (+30,43)
  11. Ambiplasma Envelope : 8,10% (+29,55)
  12. Tetryon Pulse Generator : 7,69% (+23,08)
  13. Tetraburnium Hull Armor : 6,98% (+18,60)
  14. Transphasic Compressor : 7,29% (+16,60)
  15. Multi-Spectro Scanner : 11,59% (+15,94)
  16. SIF Generator : 6,51% (+10,70)
  17. Electroceramic Hull Plating* : 6,51% (+10,70)
  18. Polaron Phase Modulator : 6,88% (+10,12)
  19. Zero Point Quantum Chamber : 6,88% (+10,12)
  20. Collimator : 10,87% (+8,70)
  21. Photon Detonation Assembly : 6,48% (+3,64)
  22. Shield Emitter Amplifier : 5,58% (-5,12)
  23. Tomographic Imager : 9,42% (-5,80)
  24. Sensor Probes : 9,42% (-5,80)
  25. Parametallic Hull Plating : 5,12% (-13,02)
  26. Inertial Dampener : 5,12% (-13,02)
  27. Biofunction Monitor* : 8,70% (-13,04)
  28. Disruptor Induction Coil : 5,26% (-15,79)
  29. Phaser Relay : 5,26% (-15,79)
  30. Antiproton Mag Regulator* : 5,26% (-15,79)
  31. Ablative Hull Armor : 4,65% (-20,93)
  32. Holomatrix Diode : 7,97% (-20,29)
  33. Prefire Chamber : 4,86% (-22,27)
  34. Variable Geometry Detonators : 4,86% (-22,27)
  35. Warhead Yield Chamber : 4,86% (-22,27)
  36. Graviton Generator : 7,25% (-27,54)
  37. Directed Energy Distribution Manifold : 4,45% (-28,74)
  38. EPS Flow Generator : 4,19% (-28,84)
  39. Neutronium Alloy : 4,19% (-28,84)
  40. TCD Subspace Infuser* : 4,05% (-35,22)
  41. Booster Modulator : 3,72% (-36,74)
  42. Induction Stabilizer : 4,35% (-56,52)

*(These four consoles are not available for emblems)

edit: Disclaimer: the raw data is not 100% accurate, somewhere in a 42x600 field I have two 1's 'too much'
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
11-27-2010, 07:56 AM
...i am not sure what some people expect from changing the difficulty here?

"Aid the Planet" and other non combat missions are not more difficult if you switch to advanced or elite, therefore there is no reason for better rewards here.

What i would be intrested in, if you get an offering from Delta Volonis, and open it later in B'Tran.
Is the item you get still Mk I - II or is it suddenly an Mk X item?

And did you ever get Mk XII items from the offerings?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
11-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
What i would be intrested in, if you get an offering from Delta Volonis, and open it later in B'Tran.Is the item you get still Mk I - II or is it suddenly an Mk X item?
It still is a mk1 or mk2 item. And no, no mk12 items from offerings 'yet'.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
11-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
...i am not sure what some people expect from changing the difficulty here?

"Aid the Planet" and other non combat missions are not more difficult if you switch to advanced or elite, therefore there is no reason for better rewards here.

What i would be intrested in, if you get an offering from Delta Volonis, and open it later in B'Tran.
Is the item you get still Mk I - II or is it suddenly an Mk X item?

And did you ever get Mk XII items from the offerings?
The rewards from the different clusters have different names - "Offering of Friendship", "Offering of Appreciation", etc. Those are the parts that are tied to rank levels, in all likelihood. If a Lieutenant opened an Offering of Friendship, he'd still get Mark X/XI gear because that's all those will ever give out.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:43 AM.