Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Cryptic
I WANT FREE CHAT SYSTEM to be used in STO to allow players to type without having to PRESS ENTER to type.. it GOT ANNOYING to me! v.v.... Please.. Remove that to allow Players to have great time to talk to friends and people without it that Annoying thing.

most of all.. i hate that thing it gets me mad and annoyed by that.. how many times i have to press enter to type? TWICE... ugh.

Please, Please Remove that and add Free Chat System to use in STO.. i promise it will make players happy with this decision.

and now.. HEAR OUT Players and Forum Users....

What's your thoughts on this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-14-2010, 01:16 AM
sorry what? how would that work?
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-14-2010, 01:18 AM
What are you talking about? I only have to press enter to send what I want to display to people.

Are you wanting to just allow typing non-stop in a stream? How would that work during combat?
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-14-2010, 02:05 AM
What he is saying is, you have to hit enter (or direct your mouse to the text box) to start typing in the chat box, and then hit enter to send it. He would like that particular headache to be removed. This is a common trait among many cheap and free to play games. it's a shortcut he developers use to avoid actually having to make a decent chat system.

An example of a decent chat system would be the one in EVE Online. An example of a cheap and poorly designed one is.. well.. in your game client.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-14-2010, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonwindspirit
What he is saying is, you have to hit enter (or direct your mouse to the text box) to start typing in the chat box, and then hit enter to send it. He would like that particular headache to be removed. This is a common trait among many cheap and free to play games. it's a shortcut he developers use to avoid actually having to make a decent chat system.

An example of a decent chat system would be the one in EVE Online. An example of a cheap and poorly designed one is.. well.. in your game client.
THANK YOU.. One that UNDERSTANDS what i meant
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-14-2010, 02:11 AM
My mind, blown.

What about all the keybinds?
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-14-2010, 02:16 AM
as I said to you ingame, it's really not that hard.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-14-2010, 02:19 AM
There are things wrong with the STO chat system. Most of them are shared by the rest of the interface.

This, however, is not one of them. I'd like to add my weight behind the question that has been asked and ignored.. keybinds, how would they work?
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-14-2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraitholme View Post
There are things wrong with the STO chat system. Most of them are shared by the rest of the interface.

This, however, is not one of them. I'd like to add my weight behind the question that has been asked and ignored.. keybinds, how would they work?
um......apparently giving all things being considered for this paticular game,,,,,,i don't think that avenue was deeply pondered.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-14-2010, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraitholme View Post

Keybinds work perfectly well in EVE and their chat system is superior to STO's by a long shot. I don't see where there is a problem with keybinds to be honest. if it works in one game, there is no reason it can't work in another other than perhaps the developers inability to re-create what others have already done.