Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Not sure where to put this thread so I'll start here.
Why is it that every B'Tran Aid mission VA I've done gives me the same stupid reward that I have no use for and the Exchange is flooded with. Console Science Astrometric Imaging Scanner MK XI Uncommon. Is anybody else having a problem with this or is just programed to give you a useless junk part?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally_of_the_Force View Post
Why is it that every B'Tran Aid mission VA I've done gives me the same stupid reward that I have no use for and the Exchange is flooded with. Console Science Astrometric Imaging Scanner MK XI Uncommon. Is anybody else having a problem with this or is just programed to give you a useless junk part?
Yes, I have seen the same uncommon Astrometric Imaging Scanner Mk XI almost every Aid-The-Planet mission. Previously I actually did get random items from this mission, including an occasional rare. Now it is almost always an uncommon astrometric imaging scanner mk xi.

Cryptic, can you PLEASE fix this bug???
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Short Answer: Yes, and YES. I mean why would they give you something "useful"? Their "Game Experts" have informed them that if you got something useful you would be disinclined to buy stuff off the exchange and the "in-game economy" would suffer. So just sell the "junk" and save up your badges so you can get the stuff you need from the vendor.

Oh and be thankful you're not a Klingon! Because then you'd have "No Diplomacy" and none of the perks that go with it. And you'd have to work 5X as hard to get the above mentioned items from the vendor... Way to go Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-19-2010, 01:00 PM
This has been forwarded to the content designer who can investigate.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
This has been forwarded to the content designer who can investigate.
Please fix soon. It's like getting a fruitcake for Christmas.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Console Science Astrometric Imaging Scanner MK XI Uncommon. Is anybody else having a problem with this or is just programed to give you a useless junk part?
YEP! I've seen that damned console over and over and over. The Exchange is full of them too. The drop frequency and loot tables need to be adjusted a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
YEP! I've seen that damned console over and over and over. The Exchange is full of them too. The drop frequency and loot tables need to be adjusted a bit.
Mark XI equipment rarely drops at all. Even at the VA level.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-19-2010, 01:57 PM
All my drops from the ATP's have been this exact console too.

Wouldn't be so bad if I actually had a use for it or if anyone in my fleet used them.

Ah well, more junk to feed the replicator or Defari with.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-19-2010, 04:04 PM
yes, it appears that ATP missions favor a few specific items. These being green consoles and shields.

The Astrometrics console is by far the most common, followed i believe, by one of those engineering/resistance consoled.

However, other loot do drop.... just very infrequently.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-20-2010, 11:42 AM
I got a purple MK XI shield from B'train aid mission on elite. Made me laugh a while, specially when it sold for 5 mill