Lt. Commander
Impressions:
  • Being part of a fleet in the first section of the mission was a nice touch.
  • The interior of the Axon is just about perfect. The Cardassian control panels, the unique tileset, very well done.
  • The first sight of a Devidian, with the cold blue screen effect? Shivers.
  • The new Devidians are much better. They're easier to kill. I had fun freezing them with my Breen rifle and cryo grenades.
  • The puzzles weren't complex, but were a nice touch.

Overall, the quality of the writing is better, and the attention to detail remains. I think we have another winner here. Can't wait until next week!

Edit: http://deer.transform.to/STO/AxonInterior.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-16-2010, 02:53 PM
I agree with everything JonBuck says above -- this was an excellent mission.

One caveat -- if one disables the Axon after they've popped their Photonic Galors, the Photonic Galors don't disappear the way they would if a Kheldan class ship were destroyed. Since we can't destroy the Axon (for good reason), the Photonic ships should drop when it's disabled the same as they normally would.

The atmosphere of the new map is amazing and gorgeous. I'm glad I have a good video card for it -- it was one thing when we're in the blue subspace haze, but the environmental effects were spot on even when we were just in the ship proper.

I'm a little disturbed that we don't have any medkits of our own -- both with the Deferi and now here we have to scavenge med equipment from what's on hand. I have a Holographic Science Officer with all medical skills (thanks to the referral program). I'd like to think he'd bring his medkit with him instead of hoping he can find something in the Cardassian sickbay. (This underscores the need to let our bridge officers do things they should be able to do -- medical officers or even just science officers being at the top of the list).

All in all (with the notes from the main series thread in regards to the unfortunate use of Drake still in place), I'm actively looking forward to next week. Nice work!
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Is there a typo in the reward? What does "-400 proton resistance" mean? Is it supposed to be "anti-proton"? And if it is supposed to be anti-proton, does this mean it actually makes you more susceptible to anti-proton damage?
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-16-2010, 03:40 PM
I totally agree!
I never liked the devidians, but now I really look forward to the next episode!
Lt. Commander
# 5 Another hit
10-16-2010, 05:35 PM
I really liked season 1 and I have to say after playing "Skirmish" I am happy to say I finally feel like I am playing Star Trek Online.

The Breen series and now with Skirmish, those are how missions should be.

They just feel like I am playing inside an episode of Star Trek which is how it should be.

It feels like my character is participating in and effecting the Star Trek universe.

Congrats again Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-17-2010, 05:56 AM
Really enjoyed this episode. Its nice to see more NPC's interacting with each other especially when they are fighting each other in space it makes the game feel like its alive. Plus its awesome to fly in amongst all the combat going on.

Some nice touches once your onboard being able to read the logs etc would love to see more of thing.

Nice work.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-18-2010, 12:25 AM
With my Breen rifle fighting the ghost it kinda felt LIKE THIS!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-18-2010, 12:32 AM
At least with the first character I tried this with the Phantasm davidian keeps wiping me and by boffs out. Hope I have better luck with my other characters.
Is there a trick to this guy?
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-18-2010, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRC
At least with the first character I tried this with the Phantasm davidian keeps wiping me and by boffs out. Hope I have better luck with my other characters.
Is there a trick to this guy?
Unfortunately, just like Audrey II from little shop o horrors - it's just a mean, green, mother from out of space and he's bad!

Much like the other devidians roaming the Axon I used the CRM-200 and it really helped. I was able to slow it down and draw it's fire while my crew spawn Support drones and keep healing me

Also I'd like to just say how freaking cool it is to have the Phantasm lift me up of the ground... It was genuinely scary! Keep it up
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-18-2010, 02:18 AM
Can't say I lost to the Phantasm. I did it with two characters. One away team was Sci heavy so I managed to outheal his (quite impressive!) damage on my Captain. The other away team was Engi heavy which focused on deploying a billion turrets with a handful of drones. I think I simply kept him entertained with the room full of toys. Great mission all in all, can't wait for next week.