Lt. Commander
# 11
10-18-2010, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRC
At least with the first character I tried this with the Phantasm davidian keeps wiping me and by boffs out. Hope I have better luck with my other characters.
Is there a trick to this guy?
Unfortunately it keeps wiping me out by lifting me off the ground and taking a good portion of my health and the weapons that I have don't even do that much damage. Isn't there a weapon that will do much more damage it it?
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-18-2010, 04:10 AM
I dont know if its a general ability or a tac officer ability (and i cant remember what its called either) but I have an ability that allows me to break holds and it worked on the phantasm. I did die once but my team revived me and we killed the phantasm without too much difficulty. I found that having him surrounded ment the flanking damage often pulled him away from someone he was attacking before he killed them.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-18-2010, 04:40 AM
2rb74: Motion Accelerator perhaps? Never used it myself, but I seem to remember reading it's a movement buff and provides resistance to holds.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-18-2010, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
2rb74: Motion Accelerator perhaps? Never used it myself, but I seem to remember reading it's a movement buff and provides resistance to holds.
As a Caitian it was handy in itself as I already have heightened records and movement
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-18-2010, 06:08 AM
First off, I love the mission.

Not sure why some people are having trouble with the ground combat. Now, granted, I soloed on Normal. All totaled it took me about 15 minutes to complete that part alone. You have to have a good BOff setup. I went with a healer, 2 eng w/ turrets, launchers, drones, and shield regen, and a Tac w/ Focus Fire II and Overwatch II. I only got held twice by the Devidians, once by a minion, once by the boss. Took the boss down in 5 minutes.

In both space and ground, Canon Fodder was the key. Space, being Sci/Sci, photonic fleet came in handy. On the ground, as was said earlier, lots of toys for the Devidians to play with.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-18-2010, 07:53 AM
I thought it was an ok start. That phantom or whatever its called was a pain. It seemed like no weapon would damage the thing. It was fun but i hope it gets better. The reward was an interesring one. Seems like in this game now these weeklies are all thats keeping me playing as i'm maxed out in everything and don't want to start a new character. Can't wait for the season 3 update.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-18-2010, 08:31 AM
Again a nice weekly episode. I enjoyed the Breen ones but to see more of the Devidians made me jump. I liked them when they appeard in TNG and I am looking forward to discover what Cryptic has up there sleeves with them
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Ok, I feel silly, I can't even find where to get it started...
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker88 View Post
Ok, I feel silly, I can't even find where to get it started...
Just head to Eta Eridani and you'll get contacted.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KojimaMetalGearfan1983 View Post
Unfortunately it keeps wiping me out by lifting me off the ground and taking a good portion of my health and the weapons that I have don't even do that much damage. Isn't there a weapon that will do much more damage it it?
I set my medical bof as a dedicated healer, keeping me healed. So, with me and my 3 engineers pounding on him, plus, pulling him down into the pit, where we were able to surround him, and flank him on every hit, we took him down, no problem.